Shane Carwin retired today...

Gonna miss watching you fight Shane, always enjoyed your fights, wish you the best!!! Phone Post 3.0

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Phone Post

Crazy how 2 years ago him and lesnar looked like the immediate future of the hw division about to have one of the biggest title fights ever and now they're both retired.

Yeah, big fan of his, bummer for sure...

Classy guy who always went for the finish, hard not to enjoy his fights! Phone Post 3.0

NOT the post I wanted to end my day with... Win or lose I loved watching Shane fight. I was really looking forward to seeing him back in the cage. Honestly this is the first time I am actually sad to here of a fighter leaving/retiring.

I wasn't ready to see you go Shane. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family. Hopefully they can bring you in for commentary or something from time to time...?

Oh well it was a nice exciting career while it lasted thanks for the badass knockouts...

ep915 - Crazy how 2 years ago him and lesnar looked like the immediate future of the hw division about to have one of the biggest title fights ever and now they're both retired.
great point, had you have said he and Brock would be gone inside of 2yrs, nobody would have believed it!

the way he dispatched of Frank was something... Phone Post 3.0

I'm sad, but I'm not surprised.

Shane had a great career, I'll support him in his next endeavor 100%. I hope he continues to post here and doesn't fall away from MMA completely. Phone Post 3.0

Aw, that's too bad. Was looking forward to seeing him back in action:(  But now he has more time to post, no? ;)

Cindy

JerodR - NOT the post I wanted to end my day with... Win or lose I loved watching Shane fight. I was really looking forward to seeing him back in the cage. Honestly this is the first time I am actually sad to here of a fighter leaving/retiring.

I wasn't ready to see you go Shane. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family. Hopefully they can bring you in for commentary or something from time to time...?
100% how I feel. Phone Post 3.0

Too bad about the injuries, much love for the fellow uger. That Nelson fight would have been awesome Phone Post

CindyO -

Aw, that's too bad. Was looking forward to seeing him back in action:(  But now he has more time to post, no? ;)

Cindy

leave it to Cindy O to find the silver lining! ;o) Phone Post 3.0

Did his back not heal well?

man i really loved watching him fight. sad to hear but he left a good mark. all the best shane.

Taz Styles -

Did his back not heal well?

not sure, I imagine having a nice career outside of fighting, and a beautiful family, made it a little easier decision. Phone Post 3.0

Wishing you the best Shane.

I am speechless. I love Shane.  What a warrior and one of the nicest guys I ever met! :(

I'll definitely miss him. Great face in the heavyweight division.

I would have loved to see Shane enter the game in his early 20s. Definite beast for sure.

JBASS -

Jbass that gif says it all. Well played sir, well played. Phone Post 3.0