Shane Carwin retired today...

JBASS - 

That is about the reaction I had while reading... lol

Damn :(

Wish Shane the best. Phone Post 3.0

Good luck Shane with everything you do in future! Phone Post

Too bad but good luck in all future endeavours Shane.

And don't be a stranger on the UG! Phone Post 3.0

Boo. I wanted to see him ruin Fat Country. Phone Post

WHAT THE FUCKKKK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Phone Post 3.0

GGGGGRRRRRRAAAAAAA Phone Post 3.0

Damn, going to miss seeing him in the cage. Hopefully he gets healed from all those injuries.

Best of luck Shane. Phone Post 3.0

:-( Phone Post 3.0

defiantly surprised, I thought he was going to make a come back... Maybe he'll change his mind in a month or too. Definitely one of my favorites to watch, he always swung for the fence.

Cyril Jeff - 
Taz Styles -

Did his back not heal well?

not sure, I imagine having a nice career outside of fighting, and a beautiful family, made it a little easier decision. Phone Post 3.0

It's a shame we won't see him fight again, he was always in exciting fights, but it's good that he has his engineer job. I hope the best for him. 

hate that he wasn't able to give it one more go, at least maybe the fans could have given him a proper send off! Phone Post 3.0

Taz Styles -
Cyril Jeff - 
Taz Styles -

Did his back not heal well?

not sure, I imagine having a nice career outside of fighting, and a beautiful family, made it a little easier decision. Phone Post 3.0

It's a shame we won't see him fight again, he was always in exciting fights, but it's good that he has his engineer job. I hope the best for him. 

no doubt about it.

me too... Phone Post 3.0

Good luck Shane! Damn you were fun to watch. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck Phone Post 3.0

ep915 - Crazy how 2 years ago him and lesnar looked like the immediate future of the hw division about to have one of the biggest title fights ever and now they're both retired.

Good point, hadn't even considered that it's only been 2 years

I'm proud to say that The first UFC event I attended live was UFC 84 and being a die hard combat sports fan I got to my seats before the prelims started. My seats were pretty much on the goddamn roof but I had the big screen in front of me which helped. I believe it was either the first or second fight this big as dude blasts this guy, mouth piece goes flying, knocked out cold, all five of us in the building at that time go nuts and we give a warm welcome to UFC newcomer Shame Carwin. Winner by KO in is UFC debut!
Thanks for all the amazing memories! Phone Post

Best wishes, and best of luck in your future endeavors, Mr. Carwin! Was the retirement driven mainly by injuries? What were they?

Saw it coming. Loved watching the man. Gave us some great fights.

Nothing but respect.

Has anyone else got a 100% first round finishing rate for the wins in their career?? 

Good luck with wherever life takes you Shane, I can safely say that we are all gunna miss watching you one-punch guys in the octagon.