Shane Carwin vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

is on tap for UFC 96. Damn good fight, hopefully a number one contenders match.

Who takes it?

gonzaga wins this one

Sorry, the source is MMAMania.com

At this point, I think Gonzaga takes it. Should be a great test to see how far along Carwin is.

looks like carwin will get his first loss..sorry i just dont see what great skills carwin has yet..big and strong and decent hands but thats all ive seen and he hads fought c level fighters so..

Haven't seen enough Carwin to really call this, I know Gonzaga has looked like crap in his two losses to Werdum so if Carwin can take him into the later rounds he will fade like always.

This is the kind of fight they should have given
to Cain Velasquez.

Definately a good fight.

We will see what Carwin is made of, and if Gonzaga is more then just a flash in the pan

Bry Bry - looks like carwin will get his first loss..sorry i just dont see what great skills carwin has yet..big and strong and decent hands but thats all ive seen and he hads fought c level fighters so..

+1

gabe has never done anything impressive other than the cro cop victory.

i like how they always show his kevin jordan knock out, which came at the very end of the most boring lackluster performance i have ever had to sit through.

i hope he gets ko'd so i don't have to see them promote him as a top 10 hw anymore.

i like how they always show his kevin jordan knock out, which came at the very end of the most boring lackluster performance i have ever had to sit through.

Sorry that fight wasn't up to your usual high standards, Gonzaga's wife had a miscarriage what, a week before that fight? He might have had something else on his mind, but that's just my opinion.

so i should say that fight was exciting, or just give him a mulligan? personal problems or not, that fight was one of the worst ones in recent years...to use a clip from it to make him look like a wrecking machine is laughable to me.

My first reaction was, "Holly Shit! That's a Fucking Fight!"

2nd reaction was, one of these two is going to get embarrassed, badly.

Max

Other then the CC victory, Gonzaga doesnt have single impressive victory on his resume.

The guys got talent, but if he loses this fight it would be a huge blow to his career

Awesome matchup. I guess we'll see if Carwin is the real deal. I suspect someone wins by KO.

I think Carwin wins, and shocks everyone in the MMA world. He will be able to get Gonzaga down, and I do not think people here understand that Carwin is also very good submissions, and I do not think Gonzaga will be able to tap him. Carwin is also coming along very well on his feet. This hopefully will put Carwin in line for a title shot, and I think the fight between he and Nog will be very interesting.

i think both are actually equally matched. Gonzaga does have a bigger name but that comes from the destruction of CC which did warrant him as the next big thing at the moment. Werdum just got embarrassed badly. Carwin is starting to gather some momentum and raise eyebrows and Gonzaga just beat up a newbie as well. really good matchmaking on this one. whoever wins this one continues to move forward but with more of a spot light and possibly a win or 2 away form a title shot.

Like this fight now velasquez needs a fight of similar caliber in opponent and relevance.

Herring In A Fur Coat -  The Jordan fight sucked ass till the knockout but every fight he's had since then was exciting, win or lose.

Gonzaga is a known quantity, Carwin is unnknown.  Gotta go with Gonzaga at this point. 

Whats known about him is other against CC, he lost every meaningful fight in his career

if he doesn't knock him out very quickly, carwin will put him on his back and finish him there in the 2nd.

shane is a different kind of fighter, very quick, very powerful. he expects himself to win... he will not be afraid to be extremely aggressive and gonzaga will not be ready for the lack of a feeling out period.

i might be wrong, but i really think cazrwin wins this decisively and surprizes alot of folks.

-MM

carwin. gonzaga is the most over hyped hw around. so far he hasnt show hes any better than kevin randleman.