Shane Carwin Vs. Jr. Dos Santos

Isn't carwin coming off a loss? WHy would he get a shot at the title? Interim needs to be the two top hw's who are on win streak.

Also, on the subject of JDS vs Carwin, has Carwin's chin been legitimately tested? If so, by who? If his chin is suspect, I expect JDS speed to be too much for him and he gets put out/down.

Wow. This place IS like mmajunkie now. Carwin was getting outstruck by Neil Wain and had to shoot. JDS has speed and agility Carwin can't deal with along with footwork. Not to mention a much better chin. Carwin would get knocked out inside one round.

JDS is very good off his back, according to his purple belt with the Nog's.

Carwin via 1st round stoppagE.

borked - Isn't carwin coming off a loss? WHy would he get a shot at the title? Interim needs to be the two top hw's who are on win streak.

Also, on the subject of JDS vs Carwin, has Carwin's chin been legitimately tested? If so, by who? If his chin is suspect, I expect JDS speed to be too much for him and he gets put out/down.

Mir already got blasted by Lesnar, and got beaten even worse by Carwin. His last win was a 72 year old (in fighters age) Cro Cop. Carwin damn near killed Lesnar, and in his defeat, still laid down the gameplan for Cain to take Lesnar out.

borked - Also, on the subject of JDS vs Carwin, has Carwin's chin been legitimately tested? If so, by who? If his chin is suspect, I expect JDS speed to be too much for him and he gets put out/down.

Gonzaga

Carwin's still a big unknown, but my guess is he would be smart and do the same thing he did to Mir. I don't know what the extent of big Shane's power is but I gotta figure it's somewhere close to a bus. Phone Post

I have a ton of respect for Carwin, and would definitely be pulling for him. Phone Post

Good fight for sure.

ABE FROMAN -  JDS too fast for him.

wow cant believe I am agreeing with Abe, but his is right

JDS KOing shane?

you need a sledgehammer and a running start to KO Shane.

JDS hit roy nelson 100 times and couldn't do what arlovski did with 1 hit. no way shane goes down to

Will come down to who has the better chin.

Would be an awesome fight

jds has speed carwin has inhuman strength and sever ko power. if he does what he did to mir I see him beating jds

Carwin better have a better gas tank then he did against Brock

I believe Carwin is going to beat everyone 90% of the time.

WallySparks204 - can we get olympic style drug testing on this one?

you want both guys to fail?

I don't see how a purple belt from anyone automatically means his ground games tight and would survive under Carwin. That's the biggest reach on this thread. The only person to survive that is Brock and his wrestling no doubt was the main reason. JDS is good but to this date we have seen zero evidence of his ground game good or bad.

Billyz - jds has speed carwin has inhuman strength and sever ko power. if he does what he did to mir I see him beating jds

Obviously if he does what he did to Mir (he beat him), he would beat JDS

Carwin, he'd bully him around Phone Post

I think talk of an interim belt really reveals the relative lack of depth in the UFC's
heavyweight division. The only guys who have winning streaks, Matt Mitrione and
Brendan Schaub, are just not ready for a title shot yet. So, you almost have to go
with someone who's coming off a loss like Shane Carwin or Brock Lesnar. Either
that or Frank Mir again.