Shane Carwin

Definition of a champion, he knows where he stands and has the best attitude about it. I think this man will be a champion soon and represent the sport the way it should be represented.. Big fan

"FightLine.com: You noted in your last interview with us that you felt that Fedor Emelianenko would beat Brock if they ever fought. How do you feel you would fare with Fedor?

Carwin: Right now [I'd have] a puncher's chance. Fedor is on top of the food chain for sure"

he's going to lose to brock anyway. I like carwin (now, i used to dislike him) but he will not be champion. at least not right now.

humphrey sphinctermuscle - he's going to lose to brock anyway. I like carwin (now, i used to dislike him) but he will not be champion. at least not right now.

hmmm.. and im guessing you thought mir would win too?

Ian Mccall - 
humphrey sphinctermuscle - he's going to lose to brock anyway. I like carwin (now, i used to dislike him) but he will not be champion. at least not right now.

guess again

i was HOPING mir would win so he could go get his second punishment from brock, but I figured carwin had this one.

I think carwin's good, i just don't think he's ready for brock's size and strength.

I thought Carwin would beat Mir, I think Brock will beat Carwin.
That being said...Carwin is a great fighter, respectful guy and solid top 5er. But Brock is underrated.

humphrey sphinctermuscle - 
Ian Mccall - 

guess again

i was HOPING mir would win so he could go get his second punishment from brock, but I figured carwin had this one.

I think carwin's good, i just don't think he's ready for brock's size and strength.

size and strength?

just because brock was wearing a suit with shoulder pads with dress shoes on the day after weigh ins standing next to carwin who had trunks on standing barefoot, does not mean he is that much bigger. OR stronger for that matter!!

Brock went to a DECISION with Heath herring, Correct?

Nobody has made it out of the 1st round with Shane. in 12 fights, not 5 like brock, i think your opinion is all hype.

i don't give a royal shit what you think. convincing you isn't a priority lol.

you're awful defensive.

lol

you even fail at this.

i haven't said a bad word about carwin. Ever.

but yeah, brocks not 'that' much bigger right? rofl

Carwin should shave his head

shane is huge but looked like a boy next to brock.

I'm not sure perspective will make a guy who is listed at 6'5 be somehow shorter than a guy listed as 6'3 when they are standing right next to each other.

I would have picked Brock to beat Carwin the same way he did Mir, before Brock got sick. I'm hesitant to do so now because we really don't know how much strength he lost nor what effect ring rust will have on him in his first fight back after the illness. Carwin is a tough fight for anybody let alone for a guy who just spent months off his feet fighting a major illness.

I believe reach will play a major factor in this fight. With Carwin's limited reach, he may need to try the same strategy he employed vs. Mir. I don't like his chances if he needs to tie up and grapple. If he can stay out of the clinch and at a distance while still connecting, Lesner goes to sleep.

Porkchop - He's gonna fucking motor Brock.....Brock wont take him down and he will murder Brock on the feet.
Sure, there's no way that Brock;'s takedowns are any better than Gonzaga's.

SHane is the man but Brock puts the butts in the seat

dont be so quick to count out shane...

i honestly wasnt impressed with him until he fought mir, but he obvious has sick KO power from anywhere which is a gamechanger in any fight...i dont think brock will want to stand with shane so the question is, how easily will brock be able to take him down AND hold him down....

brock wasn't having that much success taking and holding randy down who is MUCH smaller than shane....

i would definitely give shane a good shot at beating brock 

humphrey sphinctermuscle - 
Ian Mccall - 

guess again

They are the same size and Carwin hits harder.

Shane can beat Brock. Right now, it's 50/50 IMO. Brock is fast, powerful, agile, and has the wrestling base to back it up. Shane in all likelihood, is not as good of an overall wrestler as Brock, but this isn't wrestling. Shane being a tad shorter will actually help him defend Brock's takedowns in the center of the ring. And while Brock might be able to deadlift more or whatever, Shane hits harder and more precise. if Shane can get Brock tense and hesitant on their feet, Brock could get knocked silly. 

Conversely, Brock has improved in his own right as far as positioning goes. The positions he held against Herring without finishing (namely having his back for like 10 minutes) were cleared up when he got on top of Mir's back (it's funny, because just a few years ago most would've picked Herring to crush Mir). If Brock can get Carwin down, it is pretty hard to picture Shane finding a way out, or at least not before taking a good deal of punishment. 

All in all, I still have to go with Brock just because I think he is tougher than people give him credit for. Shane has been more impressive since being in the UFC but Brock hasn't been a slouch, either. Everyone talks about how they have similar styles and builds, etc. and I couldn't disagree more. Brock is bigger, for one thing. But also, this is more like a classic striker vs. grappler match-up rather than it is anything else. 

Shane Carwin vs. Brock Lesnar is going to be awesome.

Shane is a natural protagonist and Brock plays the antagonist better than anyone.  Brock seems like an unbeatable bully, but Shane (arguably the nicest guy in the sport) has hands of f'n granite that can put anyone to sleep - Fedor & Brock included.

I am more pumped for this fight than any other UFC HW title fight that I can remember.  Imagine if these two guys actually lasting a round against each other ?  It would end up being the most violent round in UFC history.

WAR Shane.  You deserve this man.