Shane McMahon's feelings toward past and future?

Wrestling articles pop up on my Google feed a good deal of the time.  Most of them are rehashed crap, reworded so as not to outright rip off the original author, speculative, or just nauseatingly dull.

This article is not Shakespearean or a gigantic step up from most of those articles but for the subject it brings up.   It charts Shane McMahon's backstage history in the company, some things he captained (or more often than not, attempted to captain), ideas that he had for products, and the added dynamics of HHH and Stephanie, along with Vince's feelings about his kids.

I thought it was pretty interesting.   Shane is definitely the black sheep in this equation (I never really considered Linda McMahon as a regular backstage contributor), and it could well be said that he's been pushed aside for Stephanie, and even HHH by now.  You hear all the time about wrestlers where Vince "just doesn't get it" ("it" being any number of things, like talent, potential, etc), and it seems that's how he feels about Shane.

Shane has been very successful in his own right outside of WWE, but do you think he resents any of this shit?  I wonder what things will be like for him once Vince is gone, and if he'll even bother to be involved in WWE anymore.

Just rambling here.

Article:

Vince McMahon drove his own son, Shane, out of WWE in 2009 after attempting to buy UFC

He should go to aew and help them get better and stick it to his family 

What are some prominent angles that he helped book? Does he have a good mind for the business? 

TerrySilver -

He should go to aew and help them get better and stick it to his family 

All McMahons are brain damaged

TerrySilver -

What are some prominent angles that he helped book? Does he have a good mind for the business? 

Story is Vince lost faith and interest in Shane because shane takes after Linda and isn't ruthless ike Vince. Stephanie takes after Vince

Honestly if Shane has love for the business he should get his own spin off and I imagine he will once Vince passes either Smackdown or NXT

One thing you can say for Shane and Stephanie is that they walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Both have been in the ring on numerous occasions and they’ve taken some big bumps, Shane in particular, but Stephanie has had some impressive moments as well.

Some successful business owners spoon-feed their kids and their heirs are resented for not having earned their place. Not true of the McMahon offsping. They're both deserving.  

2 Likes
RedDragonUK -

Honestly if Shane has love for the business he should get his own spin off and I imagine he will once Vince passes either Smackdown or NXT

If the stories are to be believed, WWECW was supposed to be what NXT is now, and Shane foaming at the mouth to take a shot at acquiring the UFC, so it appears that he does have some vision when it comes to this.   What I feel makes Shane unique, but also might have diminished him in his father's eyes, is that a lot of that vision appears to be non WWE related, which is a world that simply just doesn't exist to Vince.  Every square inch of that company has to be built or otherwise approved by Vince, which is good when it works, but terrible in terms of creativity being suppressed and being able to see the whole chessboard beyond WWE.  There is no chessboard beyond WWE, which is what many would say is the exact problem. 

What COULD things have been like if we had NXT 15 years earlier?  Or what MIGHT UFC have looked like today with different corporate governance behind it?

None of these things ever even had a chance to be explored because there was just no faith whatsoever in Shane.  I feel sorry for the guy, because I felt like he never quite got his chance, despite showing some glimmers of business smarts.

Who knows what the future holds with Stephenie and HHH at the helmet, but I suspect it won't be involving Shane anytime soon, or probably ever.

Just a quick note- with a $35M net worth,  I dont feel TOO sorry for him.

Neither of them could do a better job than HHH so hopefully he ends up with control

1 Like

Is Shane on good terms with Stephanie and triple h? Or is there some heat and jealousy going on?

Probably a little bit of underlying jealousy and tension but Shane can’t expect just to bail for 7 years and walk back in to take over when HHH and Steph have been working their asses off during that time 

Do you guys remember a few years back when Dana White and some UFC execs met with Shane? Dana gave an interview where talked about Shane’s knowledge for the TV and PPV business.

Shane seems to be bright when it comes to merchandising, television, emerging technologies, and how to navigate foreign media markets. None of that would impress someone like Vince, of course.