Shaolini Instructional!!!!

A Close Up Look At One of the World's Premiere Mixed Martial Artists! Features techniques, live competition and biographical close up!

Check it out at the www.fightmarket.com They are offering free shipping thru mid-January!

Vitor 'Shaolin' Ribeiro releases his long awaited DVD set, called '3 Dimensions of SHAOLIN'. This three DVD set looks for the first time at one of the 21st century's premiere Mixed Martial Artists.

The first dimension looks at the techniques and competitions that established 'Shaolin' - the mats of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu where his reputation as a gi wizard is backed up by multiple world championships. The second dimension reveals the submission techniques of gi-less grappling, the crossover mark of the 21 st century MMA artist. Finally, the third dimension reveals the ring basics that 'Shaolin' applies to his MMA fights.

The DVDs features complete competitions in all 3 disciplines, as well as in depth breakdown of techniques. Don't miss this introduction to the man considered the of the best MMA competitors at 155 lbs in the world today!

Check it out at the www.fightmarket.com They are offering free shipping thru mid-January!

I love Shaolin but whos Shaolini???

"I love Shaolin but whos Shaolini??? "

Maybe it's Shaolin's italian cousin.

shaolin i s amazing. Great game great concepts.

Good set of DVD's. Takedowns, guard passes and Submissions are covered for BJJ, Submission grappling and MMA. Also, has matches included for each of the DVD's featuring Shaolin. The instruction is in Portuguese with English subtitles. The running times of the DVD's vary from 38 minutes to 48 minutes each.
There are chapters for each of the DVD's. Chapters vary from 14 to 24 for each DVD.

3t

Carlao, I have a problem, I put all my info, choose my country (Mexico) and when I try to check out ,it puts me a message that I have to choose a state but I ca´n´t because they are only american states, could you please help me out, I am very intrested in buying it. Thanks

Anyone else seen these and have reviews?

I have them, I got them about a month ago.

On the positive side, it is cool to see all three aspects of someone who has been a champion in all three "related-but-different" sports. My favorite section is the "My Life" documentary on the MMA video, where you really get to see how Shaolin trains and lives. I probably got more out of that than "Day of the Zen", which I really liked.

In the technique sections, he gives instructions in Portuguese, with subtitles at the bottom of the screen. He generally does not go into a great deal of verbal detail, just enough so you get the idea of what he is doing. Each move is then replayed twice.

He shows some very solid techniques, a few in particular I am trying to add to my no-gi guard passing game.

Some of the other techniques he showed were fairly standard, and have been covered in other various video productions. A few others he showed were not very high percentage IMO, and I think were included for effect.

One thing that disappointed me is that he did not show certain techniques that he uses in competition or in training. He is famous for finishing high level competition with the side choke/arm triangle, but did not address that move at all in any of the three videos. Also, watching him spar in the last video, he caught people with the same move over and over - a kimura/armlock combination as they tried to pass his guard. Obviously this is something he has a lot of insight into, but he chose not to address it on this series.

You get to see full-length MMA fights, BJJ matches, and Sub Wrestling matches at the end of his fights. Really entertaining, and you get to see what an incredible athlete and fighter he is. Unfortunately, few of the techniques he teaches in the videos were displayed in those matches.

I may be a little spoiled when it comes to that aspect of instructionals - i have seen some really good ones lately, with fighters teaching a technique and then immediately showing a highlight of them pulling it off in competition. That adds a perspective to the technique that I really enjoy.

Though I was a little disappointed in the technical content, I'm very glad I got the series and I'm an even bigger Shaolin fan than I was before. Three out of five stars.

"if there was he wouldn't give it to the world when he still makes his living from fighting."

Good point. Which is why I keep telling myself to only buy instructionals from RETIRED fighters, not active ones. ;)

Good points JR. Do you believe its worth getting?

Is it better then the Feitosa, Saulo and/or Margarita's instructionals?

Is it worth getting? Depends on your disposable income and what your goals are, I guess. That's a lame answer, so here's my honest perspective - I'm glad I have it. But if I had the chance to go back and spend the $80 on a set with more technical content, I probably would.

Man, I didn't really intend for this to be a negative review, as I really dig Shaolin, I am a big fan. I am just trying to be objective.

I don't have any of those other three series you mentioned, so I can't compare them.

People sometimes bitch about whether an instructor is a world champion or whatever, but the above is one of the potential problems that come with world champions producing videos.

Can they really afford (competitively) to give their 'secrets' away?

Let's say, over the course of their training, they've discovered 5 important details to finishing the armbar most of the time in competition. Will they just give all of the 5 away on a $50-$100 video? Can they be expected to?

Maybe they'll give 1 on a video, 2 in a seminar, 3 in a private to a non-student, or to a student in a non-private, and 4 to a student in a private or a close student. Often 5 is for themselves, while they're still active.

This is probably also why they'll often show a move with no setup, or a move in isolation, or a move without transitions. It lets them put on content without giving away their game.

Now, that's not to say that a visual learner with high kenesthetic awareness can't pick up everything from just watching them compete anyway, it just means there is some control in terms of what an average person is expected to get from the video.

Of course, people who buy videos (at least speaking for myself) often want every little detail all laid out for us anyway :)