Shaub to Raiders for draft pick.... ugh

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Raiders traded a late-round pick for Shaub. Jesus Christ I'm done! Done!

Not only did we trade a draft pick for another mediocre QB, but that means we probably won't be drafting a QB in the draft. FUCK ME FOR BEING A RAIDERS FAN!

Saw this. Called my brother who is a huge raiders fan. He hung up on me. :) Phone Post 3.0

To add insult to injury, Schaub's salary cap hit is $14.5 million. FUCK ME! I'm done.

Granpa - To add insult to injury, Schaub's salary cap hit is $14.5 million. FUCK ME! I'm done.

Don't worry.  The Raiders have a bajillion dollars of cap space, and no one to spend it on, as they can't get any marquee free agents.  Shit, they have enough trouble re-signing their own.  Having Schaub's big number means nothing in terms of available cap space, or effecting the Raiders ability to sign anyone for the next year.  It's possible that having Schaub on the team might be the deal that gets the Raiders above the salary floor for 2014, although I'm not sure of that.  There have been recent instances in the NFL of overall team pay being so low that the difference between contracted salaries and the league minimum for the team as a whole ended up being divvied among the players to have held roster spots that year.

At least he fits into the recent tradition of declining, int prone, overpaid quarterbacks. They have a system and a vision my friends and are not afraid to stick to it. Phone Post 3.0

Better than any QB you could draft

Dirty Dick Slater - Better than any QB you could draft
Do you really believe that? If so it might be time to stop watching football. Phone Post 3.0

Ha, thats the Raiders big move this offseason with 60 mil in cap space???

so wonder they suck balls

Is a Davis still ruining, I mean running that team?

You guve up now? You must not have been there for the Jay Schroeder years Phone Post 3.0

baj54 - 
Dirty Dick Slater - Better than any QB you could draft
Do you really believe that? If so it might be time to stop watching football. Phone Post 3.0

No QB in the draft will have a single season as Schaub has had in the past. Please tell me which QB in this draft will have a better career than SChaub

Ramon Maroni - Ha, thats the Raiders big move this offseason with 60 mil in cap space???

so wonder they suck balls

Is a Davis still ruining, I mean running that team?

The Raiders had a good offseason.  They stuck to signing young, starter-level players for short, 2-3 year deals that allows the team cap flexibility in future seasons, and the ability to re-sign or franchise those players if they outperform their deals.  The Raiders can still draft a QB to develop, because at the moment their QB cupboard is bare.  They had 60 million in cap space, and knowing that they won't attract the best free agents, decided not to overpay the 2nd-best.

This is the first good offseason the Raiders have had in a while.  Even if they took a marquee quarterback with the fifth pick, would you want that rookie to go out there and get killed right off the bat?  What if Bortles and Bridgewater are already gone and the Raiders (like many other teams) have misgivings about drafting Manziel in that spot?  Signing Schaub would allow them to develop a younger player, or address other needs and come back to the QB position later in the draft or 2015.  It alleviates a lot of pressure.

I don't think that it's a bad deal, he's better than half of the QB's in the league, he just had a meltdown last year. A change of scenery will probably be good for him. There really aren't any "sure thing" QB's in the draft this year anyway and I still want to see what McGloin could do with some time to develop and an improved offensive line.

JJitsu - You guve up now? You must not have been there for the Jay Schroeder years Phone Post 3.0

dude they went to the AFC Championship game with Schroeder ..I would kill to have those years back. The Raiders can't even dream of sniffing 500 now.

I just woke up, what pick did they trade? I saw soooo many mock drafts where the where getting Bortles or Brisgewater if either remained at 5 or Manziel if he fell to 21. This pisses me off. If they would draft Manziel i would have ordered home and away jerseys, posters, fatheads, mousepads, coffee mugs with his face on it, the official johnny Manziel cleat. I'm not even going to buy a beer at a game in a collectors cup if Schuab is on it. Phone Post 3.0

Raider fan here and I actually like the move. Oakland needs a veteran QB with plenty still left in him. Last season was just a mess for him and he'll bounce back with a fresh start.

Oakland can't depend on the draft for a QB. Bortles is likely going to Houston at #1. They're gonna need him. I'm not sold on Bridgewater and Manziel might be a bust. Phone Post 3.0

Im down for schaub. We have two qbs that already need seasoning, lets get a veteran qb to get us through this season and pick up sammy watkins Phone Post 3.0

All they had to do was wait a day and the Texans would have cut him. He's your problem now. Enjoy the noodle arm's under throws. Phone Post 3.0

Private Joker - All they had to do was wait a day and the Texans would have cut him. He's your problem now. Enjoy the noodle arm's under throws. Phone Post 3.0

The Raiders couldn't have gotten Schaub if they waited for him to be cut. The only way the Raiders can acquire these sorts of players is through trade.  If it becomes an open market, the Raiders are in last place from day one.  It's going to take years for the Raiders to overhaul their image among players and agents.  By trading a low-round pick they get a player that they could not have otherwise acquired on the open market.

there are no qb's in this draft worth the number 5 pick. If watkins/clowney/robinson is there the raiders better take one. If not trade down, depending on how far they can get donald or carr.

This won't stop them from taking a qb at the right spot.

hopefully they have a clause in the trade he needs to redo his contract.

Finally the Texans do something right!

I like both teams though, however I'm not a true raider fan like my grandpa and father. Time to call and tell them the good news lol Phone Post 3.0