Shawn Williams BB

I was surfing the net wasting time and found out that Shawn just promoted

this guy

. Huge accomplishment, congrats! "Boondock Saints" is a great flick.

This guy is a legit BJJ player.
Rolled with him a couple years back and he had some really cool moves. Caught me in a elbow lock while I was underhooking his leg from the bottom of half guard (Jiu-jitsu Matrix Style)

Congrats to Sean. Well deserved. He put in a lot of time and has the skills to back it up.

cool. Loved boondock saints. Al Bundy, now this guy...

taken from his post on the team's website...

"On Sunday, May 4th, I received a windfall of currency. It’s nothing that can be deposited in a bank, or used to purchase a car…but the kind that you keep with you in your pocket for the rest of your life. It’s a currency that there is no exchange rate for because anyone in possession of it is forever unwilling to relinquish it for any price or reason. To say that I am honored would be an understatement, but to say that I am honored to receive my windfall from Shawn Williams would not only qualify for the “understatement of the year” competition, but it would win by a comfortable margin. Having said that, to say that I am the first person EVER to receive it from Shawn Williams is, well,…I can’t properly translate it as of yet. I do, however, know that I wouldn’t trade this feeling for the world, and that it is one of the most valuable things I possess. On Sunday, May 4th, 2008, Shawn Williams handed me a Black Belt…and it was one of the proudest days of my life. -Sean Patrick Flanery

........I'd also like to thank everyone at the academy, because I learn something new from each and every one of you, every time we roll. Thanks for all the great training, and training partners...and I look forward to many more years of the same!!!!!"

AWESOME!!

Congrats to both Sean and Shawn!

WOW... congratulations to SPF.

Cool news!

Sean is legit.

Congrats.

Heard a lot of great things about him.

Two folks from our academy have been out there on business and trained with him. Both report that his skills are very good and that he is very down to earth. He actually gave both of them rides back to their hotels following training. You like to see folks like that succeed.

Starred in one of the best action movies ever....got a BB from Shawn Williams.

This guy is living life right.

Also, now we can have him and Dave Strasser fight to see who is the REAL Powder.

Damn, I miss bjj now...

Congrats! Always heard good things about him.