She Was All About That VAN LIFE

Cops search for missing New York van-life woman, 22, after her fiancé returned home WITHOUT her from adventure across US that they recorded on Instagram and YouTube

• Gabby Petito, 22, of Blue Point, New York - in Suffolk County on eastern Long Island - was reported missing by her family on Saturday
  • She was on a cross-country trip with her fiancé Brian Laundrie in a camper van, but he returned to their home in Northport, Florida, without her
  • Laundrie has reportedly hired an attorney and refused to cooperate with investigators, Petito’s family said
  • She was last seen with Laundrie when the couple checked out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah, on August 24
  • Her mother Nicole Schmidt last spoke on the phone with her on August 25 and she said she was in Grand Teton in Wyoming
  • Petito and Laundrie started their road trip on July 2, driving towards Oregon, and documented most of it on Instagram and YouTube

1 Like

Not only that, she was all over the internet making her easy prey to stalker fans.

7 Likes

They used to have another term for “van-life”

It was called homeless

47 Likes

So she lives in NY and her fiancee lives Florida?

How legit was that relationship? Makes it more sus.

5 Likes

Some of these van-life instagrammers and youtubers make a lot of money documenting their voyage. It seems more of a hustle than just being a bum or homeless.

9 Likes

yeah, no doubt.

Everything is a hustle for youtube and tiktok these days.

No one wants to work a real job

18 Likes

So what?

1 Like

I should also mention it helps to be photogenic for that type of hustle

3 Likes

Of course.
Or have a cute dog that people follow.

1 Like

or sexy thumbnail on the videos

5 Likes

The van life thing appeals to me a little, but I don’t think I’d ever feel safe

3 Likes

What exactly appeals to you about it?

Always curious about this. Is it just the total lack of responsibility that comes with living in your car and going wherever you want, whenever you want?

…but you’re living in your car. I like indoor plumbing too much I guess.

9 Likes

Yeah, don’t get the appeal either…having to take a dump in public facilities would get old in exactly one day for me…plus, not being able to jump in the shower at any given moment would suck too.

15 Likes

Not being able to stand up in your own space. no place to call your own.

2 Likes

This.

The shower thing gets me.

There’s this dude who lives in an old schoolbus AND makes knives in it. He’s basically hotboxing cancer dust. Always boggled my mind.

4 Likes

boyfriend killed her. Guarantee it.

23 Likes

vanlife cant be fun when its over 100 degrees outside

True.

Probably not that hot up in the mountains.

Van life, no. RV life, yes I could do that for a few months traveling the country.

23 Likes

haaaaa yeah. My wife and I spent a month in the Rockies, living out of the back of my truck. That was a lot of togetherness.

We lived a month in my 31 foot trailer with double slide outs and that shit was perfect.

9 Likes