Shep Smith - Fox News - How does he have a job?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-host-immediately-fact-215300567.html

He goes against the network narrative all the time.  Hannity was on air 6 hour later totally discrediting anything he said.  

How does that work?

Bukkake -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-host-immediately-fact-215300567.html

He goes against the network narrative all the time.  Hannity was on air 6 hour later totally discrediting anything he said.  

How does that work?

SS is a disgraceful never-Trumper who is still butthurt from the election. Surprising because he should be used to being butthurt by now.

He's Rupert Murdoch's sassy gay friend. 

Murdoch does not want to go full National Enquirer. He is playing it safe by allowing a neutral anchor some air time.

Wouldn't that make Fox "fair and balanced"?

Yep, at least there is a voice for the otherside. Fox has always been more balanced, even back when it was Hannity and Colmes. Colmes represented the left. Bill O routinely brought on mainstream leftist to debate with him. He had all the Congressmen on his show. 

If you watched CNN during the election cycle, they had a table of 6 anti-Trumps and some generic old white guy I have never seen before or since, as the lone person defending Trump. They would never put Newt on a panel like that, or Tucker. 

FOX has a right leaning bias, sure, but they don't totally fail to cover the otherside while bringing on the absolute worst spokespeople from the left. They even had Obama sit down with Bill O...Obama knew FOX wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Obama knew the interview would be fair, that's why he did it. Trump could never go on CNN and be treated the way O'riley treated Obama. 

Red Eye on FNC had Amy Schumer on ALL THE TIME. 

jcblass - 

Yep, at least there is a voice for the otherside. Fox has always been more balanced, even back when it was Hannity and Colmes. Colmes represented the left. Bill O routinely brought on mainstream leftist to debate with him. He had all the Congressmen on his show. 

If you watched CNN during the election cycle, they had a table of 6 anti-Trumps and some generic old white guy I have never seen before or since, as the lone person defending Trump. They would never put Newt on a panel like that, or Tucker. 

FOX has a right leaning bias, sure, but they don't totally fail to cover the otherside while bringing on the absolute worst spokespeople from the left. They even had Obama sit down with Bill O...Obama knew FOX wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Obama knew the interview would be fair, that's why he did it. Trump could never go on CNN and be treated the way O'riley treated Obama. 

That's all true. On Foxnews you will always hear an opposing viewpoint no matter how crazy it sounds. Most other news channels have a panel of liberals competing to hate republicans the most with very little opposition to question the crazy shit they may be saying. I honestly think the real reason Foxnews gets so much hate from libs is because Foxnews brings on liberal guests and they often look silly when the host grills them instead of just letting them talk without questioning a thing they say.

Titan Ape - Murdoch does not want to go full National Enquirer. He is playing it safe by allowing a neutral anchor some air time.
Full CNN *

jcblass - 

lol, that's a quaint version of reality.

Shep isn't 'the other side', he's an objective journalist - although it's easy to believe that narrative when you've had your mind brainwashed by Fox over the last 3 decades. And yes Hannity & Colmes was reasonable viewing, but that was nearly a decade ago. You now have the fucking POTUS praising the most ripe of propoganda streams in Fox and Friends. It's an utter, utter joke and encapsulates what a barren wasteland of intellect Trump is.

These days CNN pretty much always have an even panel. Recently, they've often had more Republicans - although I'm sure the centre leaning repubs you write off as RINOs. During the election I think they realized what a mistake they made in giving Trump so much, initially anyway, positive press and coverage, so they attempted to reconcile it by having too many left leaning commenters.

And absolute nonsense Fox covers the other side on any of their shows bar some of the daytime shows. The evening lineup is absolutely wall-to-wall propoganda. 

Obama took up O'Reilly's offer because he simply has more guts than Trump who is only concerned with self-aggrandizement and seeking adulation which has been his want for decades. Trump isn't even allowed to speak alone by his carers because they know how easily off-script he goes. His leash is only off when it comes to twitter and that is the main culprit in why his approvals are so low.

It's actually quite amazing the doomsaying voiced about Fox for so long came to fruition... I mean, and it's too easy to forget or understate it, the man literally tweets about how amazing Fox and Friends is... It happens, I mean even the hardest of hardcore conservatives that I know laugh at that. Amazing. Truly, amazing.

Fox was the GOPpropoganda network during Bush's tenure and I hated them for it but they've gotten better in the last 9 yrs.

Anyway, how about some light entertainment

gregbrady - 

Fox was the GOPpropoganda network during Bush's tenure and I hated them for it but they've gotten better in the last 9 yrs.

This is objectively true.

Here's the issue there is no middle any more.

Sure Fox goes right heavy, but no one should be so intellectually dishonest to think the other channels, CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS/NBC are simply being objective.

I work 10 hour shifts managing operations for a very large utility company. I have a wall of monitors and one is just tv. There isn't much on, so unless I'm watching a movie I keep the news on at night. I switch between the major 3 cable channels.

Routinely you can come to the OG and find out about more major events occuring in the world than you can by watching CNN or MSNBC. Almost every A/B block on every show is hammering Trump. We've all seen stills of hard hitting CNN pieces about 2 scoops of ice cream, too many diet cokes, etc.

There is almost NO objectivity there. Hell, MSNBC just praised the guy who wrote a questionable hit piece on Trump saying congratulations for having the president hate it! They genuinely hate the man and everything they report goes through that lens.

It doesn't matter who is doing it, it's a disservice to the American public.

Thage -
gregbrady - 

This is objectively true.

Here's the issue there is no middle any more.

Sure Fox goes right heavy, but no one should be so intellectually dishonest to think the other channels, CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS/NBC are simply being objective.

I work 10 hour shifts managing operations for a very large utility company. I have a wall of monitors and one is just tv. There isn't much on, so unless I'm watching a movie I keep the news on at night. I switch between the major 3 cable channels.

Routinely you can come to the OG and find out about more major events occuring in the world than you can by watching CNN or MSNBC. Almost every A/B block on every show is hammering Trump. We've all seen stills of hard hitting CNN pieces about 2 scoops of ice cream, too many diet cokes, etc.

There is almost NO objectivity there. Hell, MSNBC just praised the guy who wrote a questionable hit piece on Trump saying congratulations for having the president hate it! They genuinely hate the man and everything they report goes through that lens.

It doesn't matter who is doing it, it's a disservice to the American public.

I dont even buy the arguement that its about profits anymore. I truly think its a battle between the ideologies of billionaires and these corporate media arms are just tools they use to manipulate the public into voting for the govt. these billioanires want

He does a good job covering tragedies. Or he used to....he must pull viewers

I really enjoy Tucker and occasionally I catch the 5.