Sherk for Wandy

Pride is having a Lightweight Tourney this year so why not have the UFC offer Sherk as the Ufc rep in the tourney for Wandy fighting Chuck in the Cage. Since Gomi thinks he can beat Sherk, lets find out.

It's hilarious that Gomi would make those comments about Sherk.  If you don't think the Muscle Shark beats Gomi in a cage, you're wrong and should immediately correct yourself.

ummm that's nowhere near a fair trade.

Sherk is unranked at LW, while Wand is #1 LHW.

i know dana is a lowballer, but please don't make it that obvious.

Sherk is the top lightweight in the world.  If you could see past your Zuffa hatred for a minute, i'm sure you'd see that.  There's not a fighter in the world he can't beat at 155.

Wandy is amazing but past his prime.  I still think he's a coin toss against Chuck, but what kind of toll did Cro Cop destroying him take on him?  We're not going to know until he fights a tough striker again. 

I agree Sherk beats Gomi but, MMa Weekly ranks Sherk #10 at Lightweight and MMARanks does not even rank Sherk at 155.

That makes no sense. He's the UFC LW champ.

Sherk got his takedowns stuffed by Nick Diaz who cant wrestle his way out of a wet paperbag. Sherk has never finished a half decent fighter outside of a cut or freak accident

How is he going to beat Gomi? He wont finish Gomi or hurt him with strikes since he has the power of a 12 year old girl and the reach of a t-rex

Freakin Kenny Florian managed to reverse Sherk. Im pretty sure a wrestler of Gomis caliber could scramble out. And its not like he is in any danger of getting finished by Sherk

GOMI would KO sherk.

Sherk couldn't even finish a rank 25 LW Florian in a 5 round match.

He's not beating Gomi.

"LMAO @ Wandy being number 1 at LHW. He has hardly dominated all of his competition at that weight, unlike say Chuck Liddell. Chuck has beaten Vitor Belfort (who can be hell on wheels when he wants to be), Randleman, Couture, Horn, Vernon White, Babalu, Amar Suloev, Tito Ortiz. 2 of those guys actually hold wins over Wandy. Chuck dominated the stand up in all of those fights, cept Randy 1 and some could argue Suloev held his own..."

Ummmmmmmm no.

Wand became #1 at LHW after beating Sakuraba. Since hasn't beaten defeated besides the arona fight which he avenged, he stays at LHW #1.

Silva has beaten Sak 3x, Quinton, Arona, Nakamura, Fujita, Henderson

much more solid fighters than Randleman, Couture, Horn, Vernon White, Babalu, Amar Suloev, Tito Ortiz.

Honestly look at the 2 lists.

Randleman is a can.

Couture is pretty good.

Horn is a journeyman. If you want to count a win over horn for Chuck, you should count the win over Tamura for Silva. Tamura embarrassed Horn.

lol @ vernon white.. just lol.

Babalu.. this guy nobody would have cared about if not for the meteoric rise of Shogun. Babalu is just not that good. I'm sorry. You might as well think Marvin Eastman is a badass because he beat Rampage before.

Amar, not bad, not good, this is like Silva's win over Yuki Kondo.

Tito Ortiz, overrated. Not nearly as quality as Nakamura.

Sherk would win the tourney, IMO. He's only lost to 2 people, who happen to be the #1 and #2 WW's in the world, and both had a size advantage over him.

You guys are idiots. I know you love Pride, hell I like Pride too. But get your heads out of your asses.

Sherk beat Karo twice. Yes he had trouble taking Nick Diaz down because Diaz is 7 feet tall. So he outstruck him. Diaz is a good striker at a higher weight class than Gomi. Moreover to not take into account how he lost to Hughes is stupid. Taking the #1 ranked guy at a higher weight class to a 5 round decision and winning two of those rounds does show you something. Lastly, Gomi's biggest weakness is guys who can stand in the pocket with him and then shoot and out jiu-jitsu him. If you don't think Sherk has the ability to do this, you are either Gomi or directly related to Gomi.

I have nothing further.

Sherk wouldn't hold a candle to Gomi.

In Gomi's own words "Actually I would easily beat Sherk"

What did you think Gomi would say?  The truth is, he would be shark bait.

"Sherk beat Karo twice. Yes he had trouble taking Nick Diaz down because Diaz is 7 feet tall. So he outstruck him. Diaz is a good striker at a higher weight class than Gomi. Moreover to not take into account how he lost to Hughes is stupid. Taking the #1 ranked guy at a higher weight class to a 5 round decision and winning two of those rounds does show you something. Lastly, Gomi's biggest weakness is guys who can stand in the pocket with him and then shoot and out jiu-jitsu him. If you don't think Sherk has the ability to do this, you are either Gomi or directly related to Gomi."

Sherk beat Karo back when Karo was in his teens. Diaz never even bothered to strike with Sherk because all he cared about was winning the wrestling match. The times it actually hit the ground he made Sherk look like a bluebelt. And the whole bigger striker point is moot. Pedro Rizzo a HW couldnt KO Randy Couture yet Chuck does it twice. And correct me if im wrong but were you not one of those who predicted Sherk would smash GSP? Because afterall Sherk went 5 rounds with Hughes while GSP got tapped in round 1

Sean Sherk could very well take Gomi down. But he cant even finish tomato cans like Ryuki Uyeama. How is he going to finish Gomi? Gomi gets back to his feet sooner or later and punches Sherk in the face. Hard

Regardless i dont think Sherk should even be compared to one of the best LWs in the world until he actually beats a legit LW and not some groomed TUF guy who was built up by onedimensional kickboxers from the Gracie in Action era

I am not sure if Sherk Can beat Gomi. I wouldn't be surprised, but, Gomi is a pretty decent wrestler. Gomi has a lot of power in those punches.

It's a coin toss.

I wouldn't trade Wandy 4 Sherk tho if I was Pride. It would be nice, but, of course it's not gonna happen.

"If you don't think the Muscle Shark beats Gomi in a cage, you're wrong and should immediately correct yourself."

Totally agree

"He has hardly dominated all of his competition at that weight, unlike say Chuck Liddell. Chuck has beaten Vitor Belfort (who can be hell on wheels when he wants to be), Randleman, Couture, Horn, Vernon White, Babalu, Amar Suloev, Tito Ortiz. 2 of those guys actually hold wins over Wandy. Chuck dominated the stand up in all of those fights, cept Randy 1 and some could argue Suloev held his own..."

Chuck has hardly dominated all his fights. His fight with Vitor was neck and neck unil he landed a haymaker right at the end. far from domination. He didn't dominate Suloev. In fact it was a boring fight where neither fighter did much. He certainly didn't dominate Bustamante, in fact he won a BS decision. He didn't dominate Overeem or Rampage. Aside from Sobral and the 3rd Couture fight Chuck's "big" wins are eyepokes and early stopages.

"Sherk has potential, but he cannot be rakned Top 5 LW untils he beats at least a couple of big wins in that weightlcass."

You have to stop making sense. It is too threatening for the UG.

"Wandy is amazing but past his prime. I still think he's a coin toss against Chuck, but what kind of toll did Cro Cop destroying him take on him? We're not going to know until he fights a tough striker again."

Wandy is past his prime? What does that make Chuck?