Sherk vs Cintron won't happen

BLAF will not have Sherk or any UFC fighter fight Cintron. He wanted PBF because he is a huge star and it would sell millions. He doesn't want a boxer who is not nearly as known as Mayweather who actually has some wrestling skills, fighting his guys. It wouldn't do much for him, even if Sherk or Penn worked the guy.

The guy hasn't wrestled in years. lol at his wrestling experience years ago being enough to beat Sherk.

Cintron is tough, but I also think Sherk would dominate with takedowns. Cintron also fights at 147 lbs, although he is really big for 147 lbs.

Has Cintron beaten anybody in MMA yet? There have been all-american wrestlers that have done nothing in MMA. You're not good at MMA 'til you've done something regardless of what you've done in other sports.

Robin.

"There have been all-american wrestlers that have done nothing in MMA"

Very true. But you're jumping the gun a bit. Who ever said Citron was an All-American? He was far from it.

dude...Thacker would beat Cintron..

^

Dude.......You  must be high.....

I know 2 things ......in his discipline.....Cintron is World class in a DEEP talent pool......and to put it kindly ..........Thacker fukin stinks.....

"dude...Thacker would beat Cintron..Sherk would kill him"

Most unintelligent thing I've seen posted here...maybe ever!

It's a shame that MMA fans know so little about a lot of the true, world class boxers.

If dana dick tucks to a guy who has never fought MMA and hasn't wrestled in years that is just sad. Sherk is supposed to be a champ I am sure Cintron wouldn't have to think twice about fighting Sherk in boxing. If Dana ducks him I hope he never opens his mouth about boxing ever again.

BTW I think Sherk would win.

10 - 8 Round for MMA (via BLAF)

.........I must acknowledge that was a solid response BLAF. 

It's a shame that MMA fans know so little about a lot of the true, world class boxers.

supercan i dont think its the fact hes a world class boxer, he hasnt been in a MMA fight, knees in the clitch, foot stomps, shoulder shots, SUBMISSIONs, kicks all change the game, he hanst trained in subs or kicks or in a M/T clitch, there is no doubt is a world class boxer but this isnt boxing, its MMA.. I say let him fight some up and comers and see wheres hes at.. if u give him to sherk hes going to make him look bad

yeh....but he still beats Thacker.....

LOL at highschool wrestling being on par with Sherk's wrestling

If he'd wrestled in college it would be interesting but he turned down college.

"Who ever said Citron was an All-American? He was far from it"

I wasn't implying that Citron was an all-american, just saying that excellent athletes from other disciplines that are considered MMA-related have not done well in MMA. Might as well note that some mediocre boxers have done well in kickboxing and some excellent boxers have sucked. Not everybody's skill translate well into other forums.

Robin.

"Sherk never wrestled past HS either "

Touce!!!!

But he has worked at it more than Cilantro

Crocop never did any wrestling of any kind until he started training MMA and he was stuffing Fujita's takedowns within a year and a half of training. Fujita had wrestled all his life. How was this possible???

yes....but he still beats Jason  Thacker.....

I say you give Cintron 2 fights in the UFC

the first is against Frankie Edgar who showed stellar wrestling skills, and very very quick hands in the Griffin fight.

If and only if Cintron gets by Edgar, which I truly believe he could NOT

Then he earns a chance to fight Sherk. Where he gets beat down.

" he was stuffing Fujita's takedowns within a year and a half of training. Fujita had wrestled all his life. How was this possible??? "

Telegraphed shots from MILES away. No set-up

It was like doing wrestling drills

Havvok is correct.

Why is it so hard to believe a great athlete with prior experience couldn't learn what is needed in 1-2 years?

Others have done it. And others with less physical gifts too. MOST of your gains are made in those first few years of training.

yes....but he still beats Jason  Thacker.....