Shevchenko says Pena won't sign 205 contract

retweeted by FRB but I don't see it up on Shevchenko's twitter anymore.

Valentina Shevchenko Verified account
?@BulletValentina

@ufc decided to make fight between me and @VenezuelanVixen at #ufc205 I did my part and signed boutAgreement. Looks like she wants to escape

Man...

Ronda won't/can't come back in time for 205
Conor/Eddie/Khabib/Dana situation
GSP/$/sponsorship/retirement situation
Jones USADA situation
Lesnar USADA situation
Weidman situation
Lawler announced then pulled
Raging Al long list of issues with UFC
Villante is not healthy and can't do 205

Does that cover it? I try not to pay attention to a card until a week or two before the fights because USADA and the injury bug always introduce changes but this MSG card has been getting a lot of discussion and press so I noticed there were a lot of issues made public regarding who is and who is not fighting on this card.

Pena, not nunes

BJ Penn Forever

Its still on Valentina's Instagram. Please see below

Morpheus1976 - 

Pena, not nunes

Man that is a pretty big mistake as far as thread titles go...

sundin4prez - 

Everyone wants a payday.

Why fight a virtual unknown like Shevchenko, when she can wait paitently for a payday in the form of Ronda or Tate/Holm coming off a win. 

As much as I hate it, you cant blame the fighters when they get paid piddly amounts went fights dont sell, and the life of a title reighn is dwindiling over time.

If I recall correctly Pena wants a title shot or Ronda. She might want to wait for the Nunes vs Ronda winner though.

Shevchenko just beat Holm but I know she is still not a huge name. Pena has everything to lose and nothing to gain by fighting her right now. Not surprising that UFC would want this fight on 205 though given everything going on around that card.

It will be interesting what the card looks like at the presser on Tuesday, supposedly the whole card is going to be released that day.

Like I said with all these fighters going public as to their issues fighting on this card... I just can't remember such a time with so many fighters from one potential card going public about their issues being on this card.

so sick of this MSG card. It's going to be just another card.

superlurker2011 - Pena thinks she is calling shots...she's gonna wait forever for a "money" match. Phone Post 3.0

That would be the advice Dana's been giving the girls, "wait for Ronda".

Holly wasn't about to wait over a year on Ronda, so she fought at the largest grossing PPV in company history (according to guesses and estimates). Dana called it a dumb move.

Tate wasn't about to wait for over a year on Ronda, so she fought at the biggest UFC event in company history, and if I'm not mistaken, she headlined it. Dana called it a dumb move.

Nunez is now the champ and Dana is telling her to wait for Ronda. We'll see how that goes. At some point someone's going to listen to his advice (despite how abysmally wrong it has been) and wait around. Perhpas this is Pena's plan.

She is waiting for Ronda, who said she is coming back.
Ronda says she will come back in Dec, you wait 1 month for life changing money.
Fight with R.R. on NYE card will do around a million buys. My guess is just over that and NY card would be 500k buys (w/o Conor on it). So she did the right thing. 

Unless she has PPV points how does fighting Holm/Tate or even Rousey rather than Schevchenko effect her pay? She's contracted to fight for 'x' amount of $ is she not? Why would they pay her more just for fighting a fellow top 5 ranked opponent? Phone Post 3.0

What Weidman situation? Phone Post 3.0

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

Fight with R.R. on NYE card will do around a million buys. My guess is just over that and NY card would be 500k buys (w/o Conor on it). So she did the right thing. 

ronda re-entered the USADA testing pool a few weeks ago, so with the 4 month period she is ready for the 30 dec card. not for MSG.

Peña is a boring lay and pray fighter. There is no buzz for her to fight anyone. Phone Post 3.0

Fights are gonna start being more and more about the money when they see how much Conor Nate even Ronda have made Phone Post 3.0

Why would Ronda fight Peña in her first fight back? What Peña is really angling for is a title shot.

Or did you just read the title and not the content so didnt realized OP made a mistake?

WT serious F that thread title. Phone Post 3.0

NBKfanforlife - Peña is a boring lay and pray fighter. There is no buzz for her to fight anyone. Phone Post 3.0
She's 8-2 with only 2 decisions in her career. She also finished every fight on TUF. I do agree that her last couple have been a bit boring, but she's generally someone I don't mind watching fight. Phone Post 3.0

Morpheus1976 -

ronda re-entered the USADA testing pool a few weeks ago, so with the 4 month period she is ready for the 30 dec card. not for MSG.

I don't believe she ever left the USADA pool but I think they just didn't test her for 6 months. They like us could see the pictures of her and I think they knew she wasn't on anything at the time. Now that she is making a comeback and trying to get in shape, they will start testing her. I believe they have done so 2x already. I think the only way out of the testing pool is to retire so she could actually come back and fight on any card, including 205 but I don't think she will be ready by then which is why she is waiting till the year end card or the super bowl card in Vegas. Not to mention MGM will pay a huge site fee to have her fight in Vegas as it will draw some big time gamblers from CA for MGM properties.

Nunes is the one potentially fighting Ronda in December not Peña. If Ronda wins, Shevchenko may simply leapfrog Peña. This is not a smart move by Peña.

Could a mod please correct the thread title btw? Phone Post 3.0

dhughes - Changed title

Thanks, VU.

sundin4prez -

Everyone wants a payday.

Why fight a virtual unknown like Shevchenko, when she can wait paitently for a payday in the form of Ronda or Tate/Holm coming off a win. 

As much as I hate it, you cant blame the fighters when they get paid piddly amounts went fights dont sell, and the life of a title reighn is dwindiling over time.

Pena's an unknown too. Small mindset by you and her. She be duckin'. Phone Post 3.0