Shibata was hospitalized from headbutt 2 Okada

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/826825-njpws-katsuyori-shibata-hospitalized-from-headbutt-which-raw-superstar-would-you-like-to-see-on-sd-live

Subdural hematoma. Meltzer is on YouTube, saying that he had problems with his memory and lost feeling in part of his body. Shibata has been pulled from future events, and Meltzer says his career is in danger.

This has been news for over a week now. Thank you though.

Damn. That sucks. I love watching shibata matches. Him and goto are super underrated.

side note: I was bummed when he started doing his bottom turnbuckle, corner, dropkick spot all light. He used to throw that kick shoot style.

Even ishi looks like he's lightening up on some of his spots.

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0425/625595/katsuyori-shibata-update-following-possible-career-ending-injury/

Still hospitalized, still has issues with his right side.

Yeah this is looking more and more like a man who will go through life with ongoing issues now

Will headbutts  be banned now ?

edward nigma - 

Probably not. If you watch Shibata's Wrestle Kingdom match with Ishii, you'll know that he considers wrecking his body for his "art" as normal. I don't think guys like Okada, Tanahashi, Omega, etc. do stuff as extreme as that.

In a weird sort of way, he was also protecting Okada, as the top part of the skull is thicker than the front.

edward nigma - 

No, but the stiff as fuck headbutts like Shibata and Jack Gallagher throw are dangerous for both people.

Marlo Sansfield - Said for awhile NJPW gets a little carried away with how stiff they work. A full on shoot headbutt ending the career of a guy who was poised to be a real main event talent is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen watching wrestling.

This. Too stiff. He knew the risks but still

Brain damaged isn't he? For the sake of a shoot headbutt in a worked match 

Marlo Sansfield - Said for awhile NJPW gets a little carried away with how stiff they work. A full on shoot headbutt ending the career of a guy who was poised to be a real main event talent is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen watching wrestling.

It's one of the things I've loved and hated about Japanese pro wrestling. It's great that they take their work seriously, but WTF...

It's also a good thing Okada didn't happen to look up or stand up while Shibata did the headbutt. No doubt NJPW would have been violently pissed if their golden boy got injured.

We get it Japan you're tough and legit. 

Cut the shit

ChaosOverkill -

We get it Japan you're tough and legit. 

Cut the shit

This