shields dominated mayhem...y are ppl crying?

i was surprised at how easily he took mayhem down and controlled him on the ground...and the fight was actually better than i thought it would be

mayhem is a tough SOB so a finish could not be rationally expected based on how their styles matchup...

japetto - Because Mayhem is their justification for watching MTV.

got it

Why are we crying? You said it yourself..

"how easily he took mayhem down and controlled him on the ground"

Props to Shields for being able to do this and it's really nobody's fault but Mayhem's for not being able to stop it, but I don't enjoy watching a fighter win on a scorecard by nothing but takedowns and dominant position.

Because this fight didn't happen in Japan and Shields isn't a cool brazilian dude like Jacare. That's why Jacare is awesome and would own anyone in the UFC on the ground while Shields is a horrible lay and prayer who should never be televised and would get raped by GSP.

shields NEVER tried to finish that fight.....ever....

neither did mayhem.

From what i was reading before the fight took place, a lot of people placed money on Mayhem thinking he'd win and the odds were too good. I'm guessing a lot got burned.

It wasn't great matchmaking imo, especially when you're wanting exciting fights as it's on CBS, one guys great on the ground and the other notoriously difficult to finish off. I guess they didn't have much of a choice in opponents though.

I thought Shields completely dominated. Maybe Mayhem won one round but I had a hard time not being disappointed by Shields sad, sad striking and his very few attempts to finish. After the 2nd round it seemed obvious that he was going to ride out a decision landing extremely weak punches and controlling position.

Empire - neither did mayhem.

ok i see you didn't even watch the fight..that's cool....

it was an entertaining fight imo, great display of skill

Boring ass blanket fight.

"would get raped by GSP"

This is certainly true.

Shields managed to squeak out a victory. And he was submitted in round 3, but the bell saved him (3-5 more seconds, he would be completely out).

i m slightly pissed the choke didnt take him out. i wonder how much longer he coulda held on

If shields even would have hit him with more than 10 punches in all those 'superior positions', he would have deserved that win.

This was a full flashback of his win against Sakurai.

" And he was submitted in round 3, but the bell saved him"

Do you know what "submitted" means?

Great tough win for Shields.  Total ground war.  Complainers should try training fr a day or two so they can understand what they're watching.

Jake Tee

FDMbrand - Complainers should try training fr a day or two so they can understand what they're watching.

I wrestled through high school, and I know what I was watching. A man who wanted nothing more than position.

You don't have to train anything to know that legriding for over 2 minutes is boring as fuck. 

Shields  dominated in hugging it out

I wrestle, love wrestling, and completely appreciate and understand what Shields game-plan was... that doesn't mean it was an entertaining MMA fight.

I was expecting it to be a little like Karo/Diaz, I was wrong. Either way, great control by shields, yes.... great fight, no.

Considering the size difference Shields did great controlling a much bigger Mayhem.

I am no Shields fan either but Mayhem dominated perhaps 3 out of 25 minutes.