Shields hate is comical

Boo-hoo, he didn't finish Mayhem. He's still on a 13 fight win streak, finishing his last 8 fights before Mayhem, including names like Robbie Lawler, Paul Daley, Nick Thompson, Mike Pyle, and Charuto. AND he's fighting at a weight class above because he's beaten everyone at 170lbs outside of the UFC.

Settle down CBS newbs, Jake Shields is the truth.

His striking was comical but he's the best 170 outside the UFC and is making a case for that at 185 now too.

AND he's fighting at a weight class above because he's beaten everyone at 170lbs outside of the UFC.

I wouldnt use that statement as to why he's "the truth"

Quality 70 pounders are few and far in between outside of the UFC

SalukiBJJ - 
AND he's fighting at a weight class above because he's beaten everyone at 170lbs outside of the UFC.

I wouldnt use that statement as to why he's "the truth"

Quality 70 pounders are few and far in between outside of the UFC

That's true, the UFC probably has 8 or 9 out of the top 10, but Shields is dealing with much bigger guys in his recent fights. 

I agree the Jake hating is silly. Jake sub Robbie in the 1st round when everyone said he was going to lose. Mayhem isn't an easy guy to sub or finish.

His grappling is amazing. I felt bad for mayhem a few times. Must of been annoying with that wrestler on top.

seriously everyone fuckin saying he LNPed? REALLY?!!

it's like any fight that's mostly on the ground and isnt finished is considered lnp

fuck that. I thought it was a great fight with a lot of scrambles and both did what they could do. It's just too much these days to give credit to the fighters. Now you gotta shit talk and over analyze every fight.

Jake is a workhorse man, non-stop. Mayhem had his moments, but couldn't capitalize.

Mayhem is nearly impossible to finish, so Jake dominated on the ground all day and never got tired.

Jake is an amazing grappler and that much is apparent. It is easy to see the holes in his game, but he's so dominant at grappling that no one has been able to exploit his weaknesses. His stand-up is the obvious weakness, but he's been able to take fights to the ground at will and he's never going to lose to a fighter outside of the UFC because of that. He did have Miller in dominant positions the entire fight, but his ground and pound was weak. I'm really hoping that Jake gets in to the UFC while he's still in his prime because he has to really search for opponents to fight and go outside of his natural weight class to do so. In the UFC (where he belongs) he'll never have to worry about finding an opponent. I'll give credit where credit is due though, Shields is a bad ass and Miller is as tough as nails.

NO ONE RESPECTS LAY AND PRAY................

Only thing that stained his win in my opinion is he was clearly saved by the bell. Not really his fault Mayhem's sub defense is otherworldly, he controlled the bulk of the fight and rightfully won by being the better wrestler.

BIGWHITESEXY -  NO ONE RESPECTS LAY AND PRAY................

It was not lay and pray.

BIGWHITESEXY -  NO ONE RESPECTS LAY AND PRAY................

BWS, you don't know your dick from a doorknob if you think that was LNP!

seriously i used to be a jake shields hater man but he has made me a big fan with his work ethic and just going out and getting the job done. i was happy to see him win i thought it was a good fight i dont know why every1 is hating on the fight what else could he have done besides finishing mayhem? jake controlled all aspects of the fight and thats why he is so successfull he imposes his will and makes his opponents fight his fight.

He just won a title and they wouldn't even give him a post-fight interview... why? Because his performance was boring. He's good, but that was NOT what anyone wanted to see last night.

GSP had been there done that years ago.  GSP never came close to finding himself in the trouble Jake found himself in last night.  GSP whooped Mayhem ass on the ground a lot more impressively, while being "light years behind Miller" as a purple belt.  Does Mayhem have any grease accusations to make? 

shields spent the first 2 and a half minutes of the 3rd round with miller pressed up against the fence on the ground, leg riding him and throwing the occasional who-gives-a-shit body punch.  that's 50% of a round.

if that's not the definition of a lay and pray attack i don't know what is.  the only thing he has on miller is wrestling and he doesn't have that on GSP.  even if he stays at middleweight he's too small to play the top control game with a 215lb anderson silva and i don't think he could hold down dan henderson either.  the guy will need to diversify his skillset before he takes on the top fighters in the world because you can only go so far as a one trick pony. 

I WILL TELL YOU WHY IT WAS LAY AND PRAY.................SHIELDS WAS DOING HIS BEST TO JUST HOLD MILLER DOWN NOT THROWING ANY SHOTS AND JUST BATTLING FOR POSITION THE WHOLE NIGHT.  HE DID NOTHING TO TRY AND END THE FIGHT................ WITH MILLERS CONTINUOUS STRUGGLING HE KEPT GETTING OUT OF SHIELDS BLANKET TACTICS, WAS THROWING SHOTS AND DAMN NEAR ENDED THE FIGHT..............................END OF STORY.

I LIKE SHIELDS BUT ALL HE DID WAS TRY AND STAY ON TOP POSITION AND HOLD MILLER THERE.

Shields is sick.  He fought a smart fight aganinst a very dangerous and bigger opponent.  Total domination.

Jake Tee

nyhcloyalty - Boo-hoo, he didn't finish Mayhem. He's still on a 13 fight win streak, finishing his last 8 fights before Mayhem, including names like Robbie Lawler, Paul Daley, Nick Thompson, Mike Pyle, and Charuto. AND he's fighting at a weight class above because he's beaten everyone at 170lbs outside of the UFC.

Settle down CBS newbs, Jake Shields is the truth.

LOL at anyone with a start date of 06 calling someone a noob.