Shields hate is comical

If he's a blanket, he's a damn good blanket, I'll give him that.

Shields was good in that fight...but god's honest truth, Mayhem just had nothing for him. Mayhem isn't even a contender is he? I mean who has Mayhem beat of note in his last 5 fights? I don't like that the crowd boo'd Shield and the ground fighting...I blame shield's for lack of an ability to finish, and Mayhem for lack on an ability to absolutely anything other than conserve energy and remain relaxed for 5 rounds.

SUPER congrats for handling Mayhem in his own game. Only thing left to do now is get Shields better fights, UFC should sign this guy ASAP

I can't give him any style points for the last two rounds of his win last night, but I'm super impressed that he could beat Lawler and Miller at all. Those guys are big, strong and tough as hell.

Pilot201 - 
nyhcloyalty - 
Pilot201 - 
nyhcloyalty - Boo-hoo, he didn't finish Mayhem. He's still on a 13 fight win streak, finishing his last 8 fights before Mayhem, including names like Robbie Lawler, Paul Daley, Nick Thompson, Mike Pyle, and Charuto. AND he's fighting at a weight class above because he's beaten everyone at 170lbs outside of the UFC.

Settle down CBS newbs, Jake Shields is the truth.

LOL at anyone with a start date of 06 calling someone a noob.

Seriously man, going after a join date? 

um seriously man, dropping the "noob" line because people have a different opinion then you, yeah.

Maybe you weren't around for all the "Shaq newb", "Elite XC newb", hooplah. I was making a joke. 

he won't be on CBS anytime soon...he's basically got the television equivalent of H1N1.

Ratings plummeted during his fight.

I dont hate Jake Shields, hes a good fighter. I just dont care to watch him fight. Not ever again. It was that bad. But I respect his skills. Hes damn good.

BIGWHITESEXY -  NO ONE RESPECTS LAY AND PRAY................
Even worse is the poor BJJ that couldn't finish such a simple tactic. I thought that is what BJJ was all about?

Maybe Mayhem should skateboard less and do S&C more?

i think shields is an above-average fighter. win streak aside, he would get beat by about 8 of the UFC's top welterweights. thats far from the truth.

not once in any position was I worried for miller being finished.
He had his back like ten times, and did fuck all.

Shields wrestling was top notch, and good to see cause it clearly won him the fight, but that fight was a definition of lay and pray.

Count Duckula -but that fight was a definition of lay and pray.
I agree completely. Miller pretty much just layed there and prayed that he would get a better position or a submission. Praying isn't as effective as doing though.

I didn't think Shields LNP'd, he was constantly passing guard and taking the back.

I was just dissapointed in how 1-dimensional he is/fought.

"If this had been the exact same fight, only Guida doing the one laying on top of mayhem, people would be screaming for him to be cut, but because everybody is in love with shields it is all of a sudden an impressive domination?  Hardly."

If you don't call some moments in that fight LAY N PRAY.....then maybe "stalling" would be more fit.

I love Jake Shields, but he was stalling at times in that fight.

Drewout - The top 170# would give him fits:

GSP
Fitch
Alves

They would give everyone fits