Shields: Our wrestling is even, my BJJ is better

Lol^ Phone Post

Dr Violence - I hope GSP keeps it standing and dances around and humiliates him and starts yelling where's your jiujitsu now, vegan? and stuff like that

HAHAHAHAHA

He probably wasn't to far off. I believe GSP might even have a slight advantage in wrestling but I just can't see GSP going for very many take-downs unless he sense's Shields is rocked.

I mean, I wouldn't want to hang around in Shields guard if I was him. Who knows, GSP surprises us quite often with completley different tactics when up against tough opponents.

The closer this fight gets to fruition, the less competitive I thik it's going to be. I think GSP is gonna work Shields badly by simply being able to control where the fight takes place.

Their wrestling isnt equal ! That's a joke Phone Post

lol @ even.... wut?

And I have a feeling GSP's BJJ is miles ahead of Kampmann's whom Sheilds couldn't submit...

Mayhem was able to take Shields down, and nearly submitted him as well. I'm sure GSP can handle it.

I lol'd at him saying the wrestling was even. GSP will sprawl n' brawl and pick shields apart and expose his laughably weak striking. I see no way shields wins this, barring a huge tactical error on GSP's part. GSP will drag the fight into later rounds, where shields' crappy conditioning will cost him. GSP will hopefully get a TKO finish in the 3rd or 4th rounds

"I think I'll be on my back this fight"

Yes Jake, you will. A lot.

I can see Jake on his back a lot, but not from takedowns.
Every fight starts on the feet

the striking game is where the difference will be.

" Beaten like a rented mule" & "Vegan"

I laughed loud enough to annoy the people around me at those.

I am a GSP fan and my guess is he'll keep it standing with Shields because he can - I don't think shields will be able to hold him down if he's able to take him down.  I'd like to see GSP just push the pace really hard for the first couple rounds and have jake gassing out - then pummel him (either from standing or GnP) into submission.

Hasn't GSP been training with Roger recently?  I'd have to think he'd be training how to get out of submissions if he knows he's going against someone with the BJJ pedigree that Shields has.

But we've all seen fights that should've been one sided have that went the other way.  I like to think that GSP is walking his talk and taking each of his fights very seriously and training to win.

Shields by a .45 - barring that, GSP by anything he pleases.

How the hell would he know that they are even in wrestling. Especially after having such a hard time taking Kampman. When does GSP go less than 50% for takedowns? He is always fighting wrestlers.

I see GSP dominating Jake in every area of this fight, and in two weeks the OG will be once again debating if GSP should fight Anderson

HELWIG -  Even if their technical wrestling was even GSP has a signficant conditioning and a major strength and power advantage.

THats HUGE in wrestling application.

I wouldn't be so sure. Shields is fighting 185'ers too. GSP says he doesn't have enough muscle to fight at 185. What makes you think that GSP is stronger?

Shields will look a lot better in this fight than he did against Kampmann, but GSP will effortlessly out strike him, mix up the take downs and dominate the wrestling. Also unless your Chael Sonnen there is no bottom game anymore in MMA, there's not an MMA fighter today who'd submit GSP from the bottom in any weight class, its an archaic tool which will never see prominence again.

i was pulling for shields until i rewatched his match with Mayhem. if mayhem is gonna take his back and sink in a choke, GSP is going to work him.

Yawn!

For the record, GSP had five rounds to submit Dan "no sprawl" Hardy and never did. I'm pretty sure Shields would have.

Just saying.

eljamaiquino - 
HELWIG -  Even if their technical wrestling was even GSP has a signficant conditioning and a major strength and power advantage.

THats HUGE in wrestling application.

I wouldn't be so sure. Shields is fighting 185'ers too. GSP says he doesn't have enough muscle to fight at 185. What makes you think that GSP is stronger?

Because he is a far more explosive and powerful athlete?

Miller was slamming and suplexing Jake all over the cage. GSP manhandled Miller like a cihld