Shields wants rematch with GSP one way or another

http://www.bjpenn.com/jake-shields-calling-for-rematch-with-gsp-following-victory-over-maia/

“I think [the Maia win] puts me really high back up. Demian Maia was ranked number four in the world (and was on) a four-fight win streak. I already have wins over Carlos Condit, Robbie Lawler, top contenders. So I want another shot at GSP. Whether I have to fight Rory MacDonald, Carlos Condit, any of the top contenders, I just want to fight people at the top right now.”

No thank you

His Condit win was over 7 1/2 years ago, does that really count as a beating the current Condit?

seeing as how Condit hasn't improved his TDD at all, I can see Shields smothering Condit for 3 or 5 Rounds.

Condit IS very active on his back, but that isn't necessarily a good thing if he faces Shields. His activeness off his back will open a lot of opportunities for Shields.

Augustus Caesar_StungGun'd_My-Dong - 

seeing as how Condit hasn't improved his TDD at all, I can see Shields smothering Condit for 3 or 5 Rounds.

Condit IS very active on his back, but that isn't necessarily a good thing if he faces Shields. His activeness off his back will open a lot of opportunities for Shields.

He might have as much success at Hendrick with the takedowns but in a 5 round fight the parts on the feet Shields will get beat the fuck up.

Let's see what the juggernaut has for him first. Phone Post 3.0

Shields has good cardio. Condit has very bad TDD, I don't see Shields getting fucked up on the feet as Condit will repeatedly get put on his back.

Shields has good cardio. Condit has very bad TDD, I don't see Shields getting fucked up on the feet as Condit will repeatedly get put on his back.

I dunno I know it's good enough to get back up, Condit's cardio is good too. Maia Gassed fast.

Maia gassed fast because Shields is a heavy blanket. you gotta remember that Maia Fitched Fitch and was fresh. Maia isn't known for bad cardio, he was getting his face smashed by Anderson and he was still coming forward in Round 5.

Condit vs Shields II would be VERY interdasting. but I don't see it happening because it's not a "money fight", I predict Condit vs Rory II. Shields will get someone like Dong.

Shields/Condit 2 is a great fight to make after Carlos beats down brown.

SuPeRkEwL ELECTRIC bleu - Shields/Condit 2 is a great fight to make after Carlos beats down brown.

this, it would be a great decider for the next shot at whoever has the belt if GSP moves on

no way in hell uncle fester puts Shields in a # 1 contender fight. he will literally have to clean out the division before he gets a shot at a title

no way in hell uncle fester puts Shields in a # 1 contender fight. he will literally have to clean out the division before he gets a shot at a title

I have to agree I'm just saying if it were going to be this way then that's a fight to make.

I would be okay with Robbie getting a chance to redeem himself. Phone Post 3.0

Why? So he can poke the other eye this time? Phone Post 3.0

The only person that has a shot at beating GSP is Jake, imo. Phone Post

KOdClowning - Shields should have been granted an IMMEDIATE rematch ala frankie Edgar, BJ Penn, Benson Henderson, Shogun Rua , and Gray Maynard.

Shields EASILY WON 2 rounds, and I had him edging one of the other 3. Jake outstruck him the first 2 rounds, and controlled the pace, action, and octogon for the entire fight

GSP was fighting NOT to lose. This fight was extremely controversial, and Zuffa swept it under the rug. This was supposed to be a set-up fight, a showcase for GSP to knock out Jake Sheilds and get their PPV Goldenboy a finish, but this fight backfired on Dana.

Why do you think Dana White was so happy?

Dont Blink! Strikeforce set up Shields to lose as well.

These Promoters underestimate jake shields all the time, they think his striking sucks and his takedowns are weak, they don't understand the intangibles he brings to the table

simpletons

troll

KOdClowning - Shields should have been granted an IMMEDIATE rematch ala frankie Edgar, BJ Penn, Benson Henderson, Shogun Rua , and Gray Maynard.

Shields EASILY WON 2 rounds, and I had him edging one of the other 3. Jake outstruck him the first 2 rounds, and controlled the pace, action, and octogon for the entire fight

GSP was fighting NOT to lose. This fight was extremely controversial, and Zuffa swept it under the rug. This was supposed to be a set-up fight, a showcase for GSP to knock out Jake Sheilds and get their PPV Goldenboy a finish, but this fight backfired on Dana.

Why do you think Dana White was so happy?

Dont Blink! Strikeforce set up Shields to lose as well.

These Promoters underestimate jake shields all the time, they think his striking sucks and his takedowns are weak, they don't understand the intangibles he brings to the table

simpletons

Obvious troll but regardless, I don't think Jake threw one closed hand strike the entire fight with gsp. It was his game plan to poke eyes Phone Post

ruazombie66 - Let's see what the juggernaut has for him first. Phone Post 3.0
The Juggernaut already KOd Shields. Phone Post 3.0

I like Jake, but I see GSP retiring way before a rematch would ever happen.

Side note: has anyone seen those pics of Jake eye poking GSP? I just saw them today for the first time and couldn't believe I haven't heard people talk about this before. There were like 4-5 pics of his fingers inside GSPs eye socket pretty much