Shitty tile contractor demolishes bathroom after client wont pay

1 Like

Have to admit that there’s been a few times that I’ve wanted to do that when customers don’t pay. Should be pretty easy to prove if she paid for the other work or not.

4 Likes

“I wanted to be wowed and I wasn’t wowed”

I mean…why not? She doesn’t really give any explanation as to how they didn’t do a good job. Just that it didn’t ‘wow’ her. Did they not go over what they expect it to look like at the end?

This sounds like a broad who watches HGTV remodeling shows and thinks there’s supposed to be a big reveal moment where everyone cheers and breaks down crying…and when she instead just got a nice shower she was let down.

20 Likes

Fuck that cunt I hope the contractors take her to court and get paid for building the shower and then demoing it, I’m sure that won’t happen but it would be awesome if it did. “I wanted to be wowed”, not how it works bitch, job is done you pay.

8 Likes

Found out about this from a friend who has a tile company- he got more pictures of the shit work. I wouldnt pay that guy either. HOWEVER- if that lady wasnt checking each day to see the progress and calling him out- thats on her

3 Likes

If that’s the tiling then I’m with the broad. I’d refuse to pay for that shit.

Although I’d pay attention before the job finished and tell him it’s unacceptable before he finished up as it’s not like it was done instantaneously.

17 Likes

Yep, if that’s the work, the woman is in the right.

5 Likes

Holy shit she really did get robbed. The dude must’ve been a straight up crackhead to see crooked, cracked tiles and go “That’s looks good enough.”

9 Likes

This.

Looks like a group of special education teenagers did that job…

7 Likes

Why did she even let those guys back into the house? Why would you let anyone back into your home if there is a dispute over the job or a monetary issue, do not ever let a contractor back into your residence. Not to mention did she even call the police when they started destroying stuff? Wonder if the contractor was aware and decided to destroy the “evidence”?

The number one rule is dont pay the contractor off until your happy with the job followed by a close second of never give money up front. If the contractor is worth his salt then he wont require a down payment. If they do it’s a red flag that they more then likely will have do shit work.

5 Likes

Always two sides to a story

1 Like

I came in this thread ready to blow Karen up, but whoa. Karen needed to monitor daily so that if something was off, she could question then. You put in a busted tile. Gone.

Maybe she payed a bargain rate for bottom level quality work to begin with? I’ve rented places where that seems what they did.

I dont even know how a company can do that bad of a job!!! You have to try on purpose. Maybe that is why they destroyed it to get rid of proof

7 Likes

Maybe.

But if I’m paying someone $7,555 for a new shower I’d need better work than that.

3 Likes

Who hired @Kirik_Jr ?!

7 Likes

Boy reading this thread has been an emotional rollercoaster.

3 Likes

Hahahahahaha

2 Likes

So they just destroyed their business in addition to this woman’s shower.

5 Likes

Holy shit that’s bad. I’m tiling my kitchen right now for the first time I’ve done it and it looks way better than this guy’s shitty work.

2 Likes