Shitty tile contractor demolishes bathroom after client wont pay

I was thinking more a feel good story on the news and free publicity.

1 Like

The tiles weren’t even and the grout work was all fucked up

I dont even know if thats grout showing between those subway tiles on the walls. Almost looks like mortar, which would be pretty much impossible to clean out of there after it tries in order to grout. Even though its tough to find someone who cares as much about detail as you do, that whole job looks more like a comedy. If you are going to build a niche, instead of leaving space for a sliver of tile, you should just make it a little smaller, and that ledge or seat, holy cow lol.

It would be great marketing imo

1 Like

Absolutely it would be

1 Like

How to turn a civil matter into a criminal matter for 1000 alex

1 Like

Have heard the same thing from people I know in the trades. Indians always have to get their deal or “discount”.

2 Likes

Everyone should do what my client does

1 Like

In the contractors defense, that shit did need to be tore out.

3 Likes

The lack on metal edging was a sign how shitty he was. That dudes a hack. That dude wouldn’t have got that far in my jobs but I would be so pissed if I were her!

Holy shit that’s tertible! I’ve still had customers who nitpick and don’t want to pay, but that lady absolutely shouldn’t pay.

Lol

Not in this case it seems.

We now saw both sides. Snd worked was horrible

Atleast he did her a favor and demoed that shit work for free.

2 Likes

Might not have let them in – contractors often keep your keys until you pay them. Ours kept them in a combination lock box on the fence and I had to crack the code to get it back afterwards since he forgot to return them.

1 Like

i’m on team broad

that is some awful work

where are the transition strips?

Tbf, he did her and the new contractor a favor by destroying his dogshit work.

3 Likes

Not really. Unless it was in the contract to do so, she doesn’t owe him a rolling punch list. She should have the right to accept the work or not once completed. If she found the work unacceptable, the contractor should’ve had the opportunity to remedy it. That’s just how shit is supposed to work.

Regardless, the contractor should have taken her to court to collect the money. Once work is installed, it belongs to the property owner - you cannot legally remove or destroy it. What he did is only going to cost him more than he was out already.

I mean there’s contractors liens by law and small claims court. What he did was criminal. Genius. And obviously terrible work. I’ve had really good luck with people off the internet luckily.

2 Likes