Shogun - Cote?

Sure it's a step up in weight but you know these guys will bring it, and clearly Patrick is itching for a fight:

He's a WW :/

It would however be a fun fight.

RiskyMMA - He's a WW :/

He's a bigger WW and if he doesn't have to cut he probably walks in like Henderson roughly 200-203. Cote has a monster chin so it would definitely be a standup battle.
If he wants to do it, it is a perfect situation for him. He loses, no big deal he just did the company a favor and stepped up in weight. If he wins (probably not) even better. Most likely, this one goes the distance and the fans get to see a battle. Phone Post

Zzzzzz Phone Post 3.0

Don't push it Cote. You barely squeaked by in your last fight. Phone Post 3.0

DoomFarmer - Zzzzzz Phone Post 3.0

Explain how this fight would be boring. Phone Post

sincitydc - Don't push it Cote. You barely squeaked by in your last fight. Phone Post 3.0

If I have to choose between Chael & Cote
at least with Patrick you get a fun stand up fight. Phone Post

sincitydc - Don't push it Cote. You barely squeaked by in your last fight. Phone Post 3.0

From his tweet I assume Cote is simply asking for "a fight" not necessarily this one, even though the timing is peculiar.

If Patrick is in fighting shape he should give Dana a call and offer himself up, it's a co-main he likely wouldn't get otherwise.

And, we have a winner for least exciting replacement opponents for Shogun!

haha. Cote is a hell of a fighter but can't imagine why they'd go to him for this

I can't see why Dana would either, Cote is nowhere near as popular as Chael and he hasn't exactly earned a co-main fight with his last few performances.

But the fight itself at least would be exciting, two guys that love to brawl and can take a hit. I'd watch this fight over Shogun-Sonnen any day of the week.

I would take anyone vs. shogun, rather than take him off the card. Cote fought tito at 205 on short notice and did well

rampageforpresident - I would take anyone vs. shogun, rather than take him off the card. Cote fought tito at 205 on short notice and did well

Plus Cote had to worry about Tito constantly looking for the double, this one would be a fun fight for the fans. Would mean absolutely nothing to the overall picture of the LHW division but better than no Shogun. Phone Post

LETMEBANGBRO - What about Ian McCall? Give him the Shogun fight!
This.
Why the hell would you put a guy that just dropped to WW in a LHW fight. Phone Post 3.0

Wow I usually don't make negative comments but this is really a terrible idea. lol

sincitydc - Don't push it Cote. You barely squeaked by in your last fight. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think Cote is calling Shogun out on twitter, that was more a general call-out for any fight

Would be a sick fight. Why are people bashing Cote? He's got a solid chin. It would make for a very entertaining fight. People brining up that he's only a WW is stupid. He's fought at LHW before and did fine. IMO it wasn't a good idea for him to fight at WW in the 1st place because it's a tougher division.

Buck 65 - Would be a sick fight. Why are people bashing Cote? He's got a solid chin. It would make for a very entertaining fight. People brining up that he's only a WW is stupid. He's fought at LHW before and did fine. IMO it wasn't a good idea for him to fight at WW in the 1st place because it's a tougher division.

Seriously. He wants a fight, I assume he is around 195 if he isn't in a fight camp right now. Nice payday and a fun fight for the fans. Phone Post

He did knock down a prime Tito at 205 in his first UFC fight.

Thiaguy returns?! Phone Post 3.0