Shogun deserves an apology from the UG first

Yes, i think Shogun won the title tonight (though i also think it wasnt the slam dunk most of you seem to think it was).

However, Shogun's return to form was remarkable as he seemed to get better in all 3 of his fights after his loss to Forrest.

I seem to remember all the talks of roids, Pride guys cant cut it in the UFC, the comp was easier in Japan (even though Shogun destroyed a guy who became UFC champ recently), yada yada.

Not to take anything away from Forrest but Shogun still looked fresh at the end of a 5 round fight tonight and also looked dam fresh all the way through 3 tough rounds with with Rog and Nakamura but gassed the first round against Forrest and also in the middle of the fight with Coleman.

I think its pretty clear after his surgeries and wedding, Shogun is finally back in his fighting form that he showed in Pride and deserved to be the UFC LHW champ.

So before all you guys expect an apology from Zuffa, Shogun deserves an apology from all his doubters first.

VectorWega -  I won't apologize to Shogun until he apolgizes for breaking his arm against Mark Coleman.
HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Huh?

He deserves an apology from the oddsmakers haha

Wrinkle - He deserves an apology from the oddsmakers haha

Oh yeah...the odds were crazy bad

I'd be SO pissed if I bet on this fight.

Ensanity - 
Wrinkle - He deserves an apology from the oddsmakers haha

Oh yeah...the odds were crazy bad

agreed. 6-1 odds.

Did they bother to watch pride? They are almost as bad as the judges.

If anyone should apologize its Joe Rogan and his partner for calling a bias assed fight that was not repersenative of what was going on in the ring.

Machidas landed the biggest blows and the better flurries and those were not mentioned by the annoucers.

Rua was land a good leg kick and take a hard punch to the face and all the annoucers would talk about was the kick.

Fight was a draw IMO with Machida getting the better shots in.

Howling_Odin - I think it just took some time for PRIDE guys to find their rhythm in the UFC. Honestly, were you expecting Nog to look as good as he did during his last fight?

yeah, he did say he needed to adjust to the octagon size and dimensions but i doubt that made him gas in the one round against forrest.

I wasnt Nog to look that bad vs Mir either. Nog did win his first 2 fights in the Octagon too, lets not forget.

Wand was coming off 2 KTFOs when he made his UFC return vs Chuck.

Rampage won the title within 2 fights.

Machida deserved to be the fav but the oddsmakers probably believed the detractors post Forrest too much.

-

lookoutawhale 

Did they bother to watch pride?

Exactly my point.

if anyone cares, ive been saying shogun will make it competetive all along

props to you then.

i thought that since shoguns striking hadnt looked very sharp in a long time, that made machida a strong fav.

i wasnt sure how much the liddel fight meant.

this was probably the sharpest shogun weve seen though.

Shogun was gifted a stoppage against the Antidote.  Karma, IMO.

Wasa-B - 
lookoutawhale 

Did they bother to watch pride?

Exactly my point.

nor did they bother to check his Wikpedia record entries hah.

btw, i think this was probably the sharpest shogun we've seen yet.

to be fair, a lot of people did comment on how young he was so that he was far from over after the forrest loss.

he has never ever shown a counter striking style and to be able to do that so well against someone like machida really earns shogun props to being able to change/improve/adapt his style tonight.

VectorWega -  I won't apologize to Shogun until he apolgizes for breaking his arm against Mark Coleman.

lol