"Shogun" Rua and Junior Dos Santos sparring (vid)

Shogun is looking much better in that video than he did in the entire Forrest fight. Looks like he's back on track. Can't wait to see him step into the Octagon again.

If I was in there was Dos Santos...thats as hard as i would want him to hit me...soft kicks and punches for me sir

Great video but I cant help but think that Dos Santos had the better hands as usual (against Chute Boxe fighters) and could have KTFO Shogun whenever he wanted.

Dos Santos was taking it easy on Shogun because of the respect. He could have outboxed him with his speed and power if he wanted.

I hope Shogun proves me wrong and comes into the UFC with better hands, an area where Chute Boxe fighters dont seem to be focusing on.

At least he kept his hands up though.

he looks good

Keep in mind that this sparring session was done at Minotauro's academy, it was friendly, of course, but we were (me and Shogun) the outsiders there.

fruhzs - Keep in mind that this sparring session was done at Minotauro's academy, it was friendly, of course, but we were (me and Shogun) the outsiders there.

That session was going on when I arrived at the gym. I didn't know what they were doing so I assumed it was supposed to be smoke and mirrors for BadBoy but it ended up being a sparring round.

I'm just curious how you feel things were affected by you being an "outsider" at Minotauro's gym. From what I saw, Shogun looked pretty comfortable. If he weren't comfortable, why would he push the pace in the sparring round?

Nice sparring session. Thanks for the vid.

both looked sharp in there. dos santos seems to have some sharp hands but shogun was landing the same combo ending with a low kick all day.
cool video

Shogun looks like he's getting back to his old form. Nice

Dos Santos is a big guy nice hands

Yeah, Shogun was looking MUCH better in there than in his previous performances. Very cool to see.

And Dos Santos' hands are damn good. Really cool capture of these two going at it like that.

Inside leg kicks from Shogun looked good. Dos Santos' hands are sharp though.

thanks for sharing

2Fort - Shogun is looking much better in that video than he did in the entire Forrest fight. Looks like he's back on track. Can't wait to see him step into the Octagon again.

Sparring ain't fighting.

Both guys looked good. Couple of nice punch - low kick combos by Shogun. Dos Santos looks to have pretty versatile striking also.

So does this mean that shogun's training with black house now ?

Fight4real,

I think I know who you are then. Good to see you on the UG.

I don't think if affected anything. Guys over there are great, very friendly and nice and treated us great. We even spent the night before having dinner with Cigano, Feijao and the guys.

I only mentioned that because of "Sureshock"'s comments. Since IMO usually when you are going to other people's gyms, you're the one starting out respecting them, and they are the ones testing you.

However, this was not the case as BOTH guys were friendly to each other.

I hope you get my point now.

hbk25jm,

No, this was done only because it was a sponsor group meeting, and out of a request from the sponsor.

However, people there are great and friendly and they have open doors at UDL anytime they need to train in Curitiba, and Shogun would have no problem training there as well when needed.

Great vid, thanks!

No headgear? Wow.