Shogun To Leave Them In The Cage

Snoop Dogg Gangsta GIF by MOODMAN

Iced

1 Like

Thatā€™s still got to hurt

It Hurts Belgian Football GIF by Univision Deportes

Opening knee was brilliant and set the tone

But did you happen to see the fucking eye pokes and rakes on the ground?

That was a challenger laying down heavy fouls to win a belt, ugly stuff and a shame it was allowed and action not even stopped. Ugly.

canā€™t find ground rake gif

Jones grabbed that belt via many fouls

2 Likes

My favorite LHW of all time.

Second to Jones hes the only other fighter I can think of who became #1 in the world in 2 different eras

4 Likes

loved me some shogun. and some ninja. glad shogun made it long enough to make some cash. he always belonged in pride. with stomps.

3 Likes

In pride he was the most flow with it fighter ever, you hit the ground and heā€™s already coming with a flying stomp, you roll out of the way and heā€™s already transitioned to a soccer kick

3 Likes

The perfect ruleset

Legend

Christian Bale Wtf GIF

Iā€™m so confusedā€¦ eye pokes??? Are you asking if I have seen a John Jones fight period???

1 Like

The fucking good days :cry:

1 Like

Met him a couple times (10+ yrs ago) and got to hangout with him and his former manager Eduardo. I was surprised how small Shogun was.

Got a picture of Shogun choking me with an RNC while i held a ā€œFuck the UGā€ sign

Iā€™ll miss watching him fight, canā€™t believe itā€™s been around 20 yrs already. Time sucks ass

3 Likes

Shogun winning Pride MWGP was the best MMA moment for me. After so many awesome fights and memories thank you Shogun still my favourite fighter ever!

2 Likes

I watched him fight live for the first time (only having heard he was a great ā€˜up-and-comerā€™) in IFC Global Domination a long time agoā€¦

Now he is retiring I feel fucking old*ā€¦

*I am oldā€¦

3 Likes

Didnā€™t see the pokes live. Too far away

1 Like

Post it

1 Like

I posted it here years ago when this place wasnā€™t filled with as many shitbags. Not interested in sharing it here anymore.

There used to be more posts in that threadā€¦pics are long lost from hereā€¦thankfully

Legend of the sport. Unfortunately, I donā€™t think we saw the best of him in the UFC. Some guys transitioned pretty well from Pride (Hendo, Rampage) and some didnā€™t quite recapture their glory days in Japan (CroCop, Shogun).

However, he did win UFC gold which was great to see, and even his worst fights were entertaining. Hope he retires in good shape and has made enough cash to live the good life.

1 Like

understood