Shogun vs Evans moved to UFC 129 in Newark

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news/9188:shogun-evans-lands-in-new-jersey/

Shogun-Evans Title Clash Lands in New Jersey
By: Ariel Shnerer | Posted: December 14, 2010 at 5:01pm

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua's first UFC light heavyweight title defense against Rashad Evans, initially rumored to take place in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E., is now likely for UFC 129 on March 19 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
The Fight Network learned of the pending matchup from sources in Evans' camp.

The champion Rua (19-4) is coming off a stunning first-round knockout of Lyoto Machida at UFC 113 this past May. The 29-year-old former Pride grand prix winner holds notable career wins over the likes of Chuck Liddell, Alistair Overeem, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Ricardo Arona and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Meanwhile, Evans (15-1-1) is riding back-to-back decision wins over "Rampage" and Thiago Silva. The 31-year-old Greg Jackson pupil is a former UFC champion with key wins over Liddell, Forrest Griffin and Michael Bisping.
Other previously rumored bouts for UFC 128, including Tito Ortiz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Michihiro Omigawa vs. Chad Mendes, are now also expected to take place on the New Jersey card.

UFC president Dana White announced last week that the planned March 12 event in Abu Dhabi was in jeopardy, though the reason behind the postponement is not immediately clear. The first-ever UFC event in Abu Dhabi took place outdoors this past April at the Concert Arena, which was a temporary venue built to host the show. A replacement site is reportedly in the works.

fuck and yes.

I'll be there

I pray to fuck Shogun is back in shape. Actually I pray to fuck the fight is so short it won't matter.

Judging by Shogun's recent appearance on MMA Junkie he's back to training now and will be fine when the fight happens.

Still though, he's had the same knee surgically repaired three times now so hopefully he will be alright.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That means two things A. Shogun has less time to prepare/recover from his surgery. B. Toronto has one less huge fight to help make it the biggest event ever.

Hasn't he been training since 5 weeks after his surgery? Not full time obviously but he's been pretty active for awhile now from what I understand. Phone Post

TheVileOne - Judging by Shogun's recent appearance on MMA Junkie he's back to training now and will be fine when the fight happens.

Still though, he's had the same knee surgically repaired three times now so hopefully he will be alright.

I thought it was two on one knee and one on the other?

frontrowbrian -  unfortunate. Newark is a fuckin cesspool.

You really don't know WTF you're talking about. But judging by your ignorant statement, I can already imagine what "demographic" you hail from.

I can not wait for this! Im only about an hour from newark.. This i great news Phone Post

Doubt he's been training at full speed yet!
ACL guys it just dosent happen that quick

KahL - 

You really don't know WTF you're talking about. But judging by your ignorant statement, I can already imagine what "demographic" you hail from.

actually i think its you who dont know wtf youre talking about.

Hopefully the decent price seats won't be sold out in 1 sec, like the last NJ UFC event.

My bad I thought it was before Toronto.
Still I doubt he'll be ready in time but I'd rather see him fight live than on tv

ufc champions fighting once or twice a year suzks

asbury - 
KahL - 

Considering that I've grown up in the north Bronx, lived in the South Bronx, had friends and family in areas of Flatbush Brooklyn, stayed in pre-gentrification Harlem and had to grow up around tons of drug dealers, crackheads, shootouts and whatnot, I'm pretty sure I DO know what I'm talking about.

Newark is a hood like any other. But I've seen worse. Much worse.

Check out the ghettos in Jamaica. Then come to me and complain. 

But y'know what- maybe I don't know what I'm talking about after all. Since Newark is such a cesspool and all.

not even gonna bother trying to get tickets. they sell out before they go on pre-sale. i wont pay for $80 for fight club and then another $100 for the ticket. I am however looking forward to all of the stuff thats gonna be going on in nyc that week.

KahL - 
asbury - 
KahL - 

Considering that I've grown up in the north Bronx, lived in the South Bronx, had friends and family in areas of Flatbush Brooklyn, stayed in pre-gentrification Harlem and had to grow up around tons of drug dealers, crackheads, shootouts and whatnot, I'm pretty sure I DO know what I'm talking about.

Newark is a hood like any other. But I've seen worse. Much worse.
Check out the ghettos in Jamaica. Then come to me and complain. 

But y'know what- maybe I don't know what I'm talking about after all. Since Newark is such a cesspool and all.<br type="_moz" />

none of that changes the fact that newark is fucked and the entire country knows it. its consistantly ranked one of the worst cities in the nation for a reason. i dont care where youve been or lived. i lived in newark and i go back all the time. my family is from bed stuy. i used to party in washington heights every weekend. do i get a cookie?

i have many friends in newark, there are plenty of good people there and good times to be had. but its still a shitty fucking place and everyone knows it, including is residents.

ghetto or not Shogun will run it

nice 15 minutes away

Fuck yeah Phone Post