Shogun vs Evans moved to UFC 129 in Newark

Rashad takes this one because Shogun won't be 100%, imo.

Tad Ghostal - I thought it was two on one knee and one on the other?

According to Shogun through Eduardo Alonso, he said it was the same surgery all on the same knee. And he's not injured his other knee. Alonso also said Shogun tore his ACL during the second fight with Machida and he didn't really notice until after.

Can they move the fight 'till next year? I mean, 2012? The thing is, I think Rashad needs more rest, more mp3 time, more loafing, more smiling at his jibblets, more and less interviews where he convinces himself that he won the fight with Rampage "decisively", and more of him just being a cho-ad and away from everyone else is my preference.

Also if we get the fight moved to 2012 we can also have more press announcements from Rashad where he argues with himself about the same point.

"I shouldn't have to risk losing before my title shot"
"I should be fighting, it's too long, why am I being overlooked"

And his diatribe will end with Rashad fighting Evans on UFC -129 at Krawen in which he will lose and win.

Tito Ortiz??? C'mon already with this guy...0-4-1 in last 5 fights...i don't understand how he is still in the UFC.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa420/bluphysted/ThrillerEvans.gif

KahL - 

Considering that I've grown up in the north Bronx, lived in the South Bronx, had friends and family in areas of Flatbush Brooklyn, stayed in pre-gentrification Harlem and had to grow up around tons of drug dealers, crackheads, shootouts and whatnot, I'm pretty sure I DO know what I'm talking about.

Newark is a hood like any other. But I've seen worse. Much worse.

Check out the ghettos in Jamaica. Then come to me and complain. 

But y'know what- maybe I don't know what I'm talking about after all. Since Newark is such a cesspool and all.

THIS

I've grown up in the are. While there is obviously ghetto parts,  Newark isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be. Downtown Newark is on the up and up.

Also, Cory Booker is the man

DamnSevern - 
KahL - 

Considering that I've grown up in the north Bronx, lived in the South Bronx, had friends and family in areas of Flatbush Brooklyn, stayed in pre-gentrification Harlem and had to grow up around tons of drug dealers, crackheads, shootouts and whatnot, I'm pretty sure I DO know what I'm talking about.

Newark is a hood like any other. But I've seen worse. Much worse.

Check out the ghettos in Jamaica. Then come to me and complain. 

But y'know what- maybe I don't know what I'm talking about after all. Since Newark is such a cesspool and all.
THIS

I've grown up in the are. While there is obviously ghetto parts,  Newark isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be. Downtown Newark is on the up and up.

Also, Cory Booker is the man

Dude, right on...Cory Booker is the man, and is doing great things for the City of Newarks kids, not to mention the business development that Newark has seen since 2007. 

The Prudential Center is a fantastic arena...the 2nd newest NBA arena and the newest (I believe) NHL arena.  The ammenities are great, plenty of room on the concourses, plenty of bathrooms and for  the UFC, tons of retail space...the seating bowl is fantastic for UFC events.  I was at 111 and couldn't have been happier. 

I grew up 10 miles outside of Newark, and yes it has its ghetto parts, but no reason anyone should bitch about going to an event in NJ's largest city.  The Nets, Devils and hundreds of performers put on shows at the Prudential Center yearly and there has not been one incident on those nights. 

Not to fret my frens, I will be there again when Shogun knocks out Rashad