Shogun vs Gustaffson?

Did a quick search, couldn't find a thread on it, apologies if there is one.

With many believing Gustaffson should have been next in line for a contender shot, why not feed him the next top contender to see how he fairs against top competition? Or would this be unfair to Shogun and should he be given the next shot at the title after Machida?

There's actually been a couple threads but yes I agree, this fight should be next. Phone Post

Shogun or Rashad. Depends on if Rashad is gonna drop to MW or not, when AG is ready to fight.

If its not till Nov/Dec they could do the SHogun fight but if he wants to come back earlier like in Oct Shogun probably wouldnt be ready so Rashad could get it.

SHogun makes more sense because the winner is def the next contender, Rashad if he won would need another win before a title shot.

could also depend on TUF Brazil, they could want SHogun/Lil Nog to coach the show and rematch after now that Machida is getting the title shot.

Shogun seems o be going the Wand Silva route. Every fight is a war, and he seems to be slowing down, not even as sharp as when he fought Machida. Hate to see it but he getting old fight wise.

I was actualy think Vera v. Gusty would be a better fight! Both have the same body type with good striking it could be a really good fight! .... although then i think it would be good to see how gusty would do againts shogun it could be a good measuring stick for him to see how he would do againts Jones.... either Vera or Shogun would still get beat by the sweed. Phone Post

Shogun vs Gustaff..

I'd buy that for a dollar! (Or the $59.99 equivalent ufc dollar value) Phone Post

CHILLITACO - Shogun vs Gustaff..

I'd buy that for a dollar! (Or the $59.99 equivalent ufc dollar value) Phone Post

This except I get ESPN for free :)

Winner gets next title shot. Either one would deserve it. Phone Post

he beat thiago silva, but i dont want to see him fight shogun yet, i think they will revisit gustaffson vs lil nog.. and i would love to see that.

I think hes ready for Shogun,

He beat gatekeepr Thiago. Also beat Vladdy, Tehuna, Hammil, and Diabete. I think hes a top 10 fighter who deserves a top 5 opponent

Shogun VS rashad.

That should have been the title fight before rashads knee.

Why not see it go down?

I'd rather see Gust fight Rashad and find out if Gust has improved his wrestling at all from the Phil Davis fight.

ontilt - I'd rather see Gust fight Rashad and find out if Gust has improved his wrestling at all from the Phil Davis fight.

I like either fight.