Shoguns facebook post

Damn I don't know if that makes it any easier but atleast he stays positive
https://www.facebook.com/ShogunRua/posts/798234710238853:0 Phone Post 3.0

http://imgur.com/IZEaiV9 Phone Post 3.0

Not gonna lie, bros - I got a little emotional reading that.

Warrior.

I saw shogun vs machida 1 live, was awesome Phone Post 3.0

I met him at the airport in Vegas before UFC 100 and was such a nice guy.  I introduced him to my friends, because they had no idea who he was.  His English was minimal and my Portugeuse was so-so.  Took the time to snap a few pics with us. 

Galanis -

Let's remember the happier times:

Shogun is one of my heroes. I paid months of savings to see him fight Chael and didn't even mind how disappointing the loss was. I was just so happy to have seen him fight in person, I felt like seeing a legend of his caliber live was a once in a life time chance for me.

Then he goes and KOs Manuwa and looks absolutely amazing.. Of course the momentum wouldn't last. The Hendo loss was tough but anyone can get put away by Hendo and Shogun lookd good before hand.

But after what happened against OSP, I don't know if I want to see Shogun fight anymore. His knees have ruined his career more than 6-7 years ago. People thought he was a shadow of himself even then. I don't want to see him get KO'd and get brain damage the way he did the other night on a regular basis and become a stepping stone.

He's a great champion and I think it's time to let it go. OSP was a bad matchup, but Shogun is no longer the same, no matter how you look at it. He's not even close to the same Shogun from 2010 or so, nevermind the PRIDE legend.

Thanks for all the great fights and moments Shogun. Please hang up the gloves before you pay a serious price with your brain.

Ko'd Te Huna not Manuwa. Phone Post 3.0

mestregruber - Not gonna lie, bros - I got a little emotional reading that.
1 Phone Post 3.0

The problem with Pride fighters is they aged in MMA dog years. That org took so much out of them it shortened a lot of careers.

Interesting, he said maybe a weight class change? Could you imagine a ripped, in shape Shogun at 185lbs? If he can manage to retain his explosive power that he has a 205, he would be a fucking force.

I genuinely do not believe Shogun is done. Phone Post 3.0

Of all the fallen Pride heroes this one hurts the most Phone Post 3.0

He is starting to get that paralyzed face brain damage look Phone Post

My favorite fighter.. Would like to see him hang up the gloves for his family. Phone Post 3.0

TheImmortalStocktonSlap - I genuinely do not believe Shogun is done. Phone Post 3.0
I got them same feels Phone Post 3.0

now THAT is a classy comment. Man I wish more fighters would follow suit in defeat and in victory.

I wish Shogun the best, he's had some hard losses lately and don't want him to end up punch drunk as he has a family but damn he was one of the most exciting guys to ever watch in his prime.

He is to small for 205 and sadly with how huge some 185's are, maybe even that division, but he would be much better suited at 185. I say he gives it a shot, I know he's been through some wars but he's only 32. Machida realized he was much to small for 205, I think Shogun should as well.

I heart Shogun

DanTheCan - Absolute class in every sentence. It sucks such a great man lost like that. Phone Post 3.0
No way.

It took such a loss to show us how great a man he really is.

More of us could win in life if we could handle failure in a similar fashion. Phone Post 3.0

TheHebrewHammer - Of all the fallen Pride heroes this one hurts the most Phone Post 3.0
Yup. He was also one of the youngest, so I really thought he had a bright future. Phone Post 3.0