Shoguns facebook post

Honestly, how can you not love shogun, one of the great fighters of all time and a great man. Phone Post 3.0

JeffersonDArcyChoke -
DanTheCan - Absolute class in every sentence. It sucks such a great man lost like that. Phone Post 3.0
No way.

It took such a loss to show us how great a man he really is.

More of us could win in life if we could handle failure in a similar fashion. Phone Post 3.0
VU on that truth! Phone Post 3.0

For later Phone Post 3.0

:( Phone Post 3.0

Crazy the dude is only 32. Seems like he's been fighting since I was in elementary school.

TheImmortalStocktonSlap - I genuinely do not believe Shogun is done. Phone Post 3.0

same here

my 3 fav fighters ever: big nog, cro cop, and shogun

i was begging for big nog and cro cop to retire......but i don't feel that way for shogun

yes he's had some losses recently, and even been KOd/tkos.....but i think shogun could have one last run by dropping to MW

if he wants to fight i say let him...id love to see him at 185

has shogun ever given an excuse for his loss?

i remember after jones destroyed him, shogun simply said that the intitial flying knee is what fucked him up for the entire fight.....that his training and cardio were good, etc.....he didnt say he had a "Bad weight cut", was sick a week before, had an undisclosed injury

he  straight up said the other guy fucked him up withy a nice shot

Saw Shogun fight Jon Jones live at UFC 128. Met him and his team in the streets of Newark NJ he was cool too. Phone Post 3.0

Anyone else read that post with a flawless Portuguese accent? Holy shit i was so good I started reading it aloud. Phone Post 3.0

comeonman1 - 

He is to small for 205 and sadly with how huge some 185's are, maybe even that division, but he would be much better suited at 185. I say he gives it a shot, I know he's been through some wars but he's only 32. Machida realized he was much to small for 205, I think Shogun should as well.

Size has nothing to do with it. He needs bionic knees, he has had like four our five damn near career ending injuries, and not to mention the way they used to train at Chute Boxe. Have you ever see the video of him and Wanderlei training? There was as much damage there as most of his fights, and that's how they trained ALL THE TIME. It works well in the short term (Wanderlei and Shogun were on top of the world with that training regimen), but not in the long term.

He is much slower, not nearly as explosive or agile, and now his chin is fading.

Shogun winning the title is my #1 favourite UFC moment, was amazing. Phone Post 3.0

jones182 -
JeffersonDArcyChoke -
DanTheCan - Absolute class in every sentence. It sucks such a great man lost like that. Phone Post 3.0
No way.

It took such a loss to show us how great a man he really is.

More of us could win in life if we could handle failure in a similar fashion. Phone Post 3.0
VU on that truth! Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0

Prime Shogun beats all. Phone Post 3.0

I love Shogun, and I hope for the sake of his health and his future with his family, that he chooses to retire. I know his wife has pleaded with him in the past and I hope that he genuinely listens this time. I realize that fighting is his passion, and that is part of the reason that we've all loved watching him fight for over 10 years in PRIDE and the UFC, but it's time to hang 'em up.

Regardless, I'll always been a huge fan.

BEfore the fight I thought Shogun looked the best he had for a while physically.

Bootsy Collins - BEfore the fight I thought Shogun looked the best he had for a while physically.
No belly, he looked good, no homo. Phone Post 3.0

jones182 - 
Bootsy Collins - BEfore the fight I thought Shogun looked the best he had for a while physically.
No belly, he looked good, no homo. Phone Post 3.0

The 'no homo' caveat never has any weight in a shogun thread ;)

A legend and a hero.

Conor #1 P4P GOAT - I saw shogun vs machida 1 live, was awesome Phone Post 3.0
Me too Phone Post 3.0

Shogun can still be relevant and win a lot more fights, but yeah, seems in his case that he should retire for his health. Once the body (and brain...) is damaged beyond repair, the price you pay for the rest of your life is too much IMO