Shooto A&B Class - Melb - 12/02/04

Keats, no I'm out indefinitely at the moment, not even up to bag work or running yet and not setting any goals or expectations on a return to fighting, that's pretty much how I came unstuck last time.

Will be late next year at the earliest before I return to competition, even BJJ. Will need to really work my cardio and strength up again, that's assuming nothing else untoward happens.

No matter, good time to concentrate on some other area's of life I've left unattended for a awhile.

I was genuinely more fired up being in Matt Trihey's corner last weekend than I am when I fight myself. Will definitely be getting back into some coaching in Perth in the short term, and of course anything I can do to help promote MMA in WA.

Regards

Gerald.

Cool i hope it all goes well for you G.

"good time to concentrate on some other area's of life I've left unattended for awhile"...does this mean next time we see you in Melb you will have a wife on the end of your arm. ;)

Haha, no mate lets hope not, life seems complicated enough without adding any Estrogen into the equation.

G.

HAHAHA. I was going to say it would make life interesting but then thinking about how your past year has been i think you could do with a very boring year and skip the intersting bit next year.

ttt for Shooto:-)

Also a quick question for Gerald. Are you going back to train at the Underworld here in Melbourne next year, or are you going to be in WA for awhile? Either way, good luck with all of your training.

Kyle

Hey Kyle,

Planning at least a few months in Perth, no big plans from there.....

Won't be too far from the Underworld anytime I'm in Melbourne.

Regards

Gerald.

Is anyone looking at going in the B Class fights that hasn't fought MMA's before?

starting out in C class is the sensible thing to do

How many of the guys in Spartan and XFC started out in C Class events?

I used to box and have trained a bit in BJJ with G at Hanger 4 and now we have started having a roll with a couple of guys here in Shepparton on Saterdays.

*raises hand*

I'm 32 so dont have along time to compete. Body already feels 45. And i want a fuckin green name. ;)

JD sent an email back to me and said he is looking to put a C Class card on in late January. So all you fat pricks like me now have maybe around 6 weeks to get fit incase it happens!

dont we all :p

Looks like i'm out, expressed my interest but told to fight C Class 1st and the more C Class events i can fight the better in the long run. Might have to make a return to boxing instead,

Are they running boxing and kickboxing again on the Melbourne show?

If what Rich Santoro said was true about the difference between A & B Classes who in Victoria is ready for a A Class event?

Im interested if they will have me.

Kym