Shoplifting now viable career in CA

So they changed the shoplifting laws in CA. Basically if you steal less than $50 worth of stuff at a store, nothing will happen to you. There is a THEORETICAL possibility of a $250 ticket, but even if caught you are not going to get a ticket because the cops are not going to respond to what is now an "infraction" and not even a misdemenor.

So basically, you can go store to store shoplifting, all day, with zero worries as long as you keep it under $50, per store.

BTW, you now have to steal over $1,000 at a time to get any real penalty.

So... twice this month I have noticed people stealling an armfull of stuff from the same Walgreens. One time I saw the casheer look up and notice. She looked at me and made no comment. The second time, The alarm went off, but the cashier pretended not to notice. I said, "I think that dude just walked out with a bunch of stuff" He was a homeless guys and clearly stealing and armful of items.

The male cashier just goes, "Well..." And that was it. He didn't finish the sentence. He just seemed resigned.

Anyone notice this or hear about more shoplifting...?

Seems like a pretty solid job opportunity for Millennials --who says CA can't create jobs?!

Is that MSRP, or store price? What if it's on sale

It's ridiculous I'm here in California and watched older lady walk out with a bunch of makeup from a Walgreens the other day and there was nothing the store employees to do about it

can you shoot them in the face?

sicko - Is that MSRP, or store price? What if it's on sale

I've wonderd that myself. I don't know.

But even if you steal a few hundered dollars worth of stuff, odds are,  if caught, nothing bad is going to happen to you. It's more of a "give the stuff back and never come back to the store" kind of punishment.

They have become very weak on shoplifting.

Those racist bakers in Oberlin could learn a thing or two from CA!

brody3316 - It's ridiculous I'm here in California and watched older lady walk out with a bunch of makeup from a Walgreens the other day and there was nothing the store employees to do about it

That must be the Walgreens policy,  just completely ignore any shoplifting.

Sandy Pantz - Those racist bakers in Oberlin could learn a thing or two from CA!

They are not progressive like we are in California!

We don't punish crime. That's "old thinking".

What is to stop a large groups of people from walking into Walgreen's--or wherever--and all steal a bunch of stuff and walkout? They could clean out a store like locust

Literally, it's like everything in the store under $50 is free.

sicko - Is that MSRP, or store price? What if it's on sale
This. Gotta get a good value.

It’s not a crime if you redefine crime. 

In

Mushroom Slap - can you shoot them in the face?
In Texas we can shoot shoplifters on sight now. They have cleanup crews that drive around picking up the bodies.

How about a mileage tax out there as well?

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/12/11/california-considers-mileage-tax/

And  the shoplifters can sue if they're harassed, detained, or injured!

If an illegal immigrant stole $45 worth of stuff from a store and then shot the female clerk with a stolen pistol and then splashed AIDS blood on a bystander is that a ticketable offense in California?

This can’t be real lmao

Kip Kinkle - If an illegal immigrant stole $45 worth of stuff from a store and then shot the female clerk with a stolen pistol and then splashed AIDS blood on a bystander is that a ticketable offense in California?

No sir, but it is certainly frowned upon in certain counties. 

I can see a women with 7 kids walk in and each steal $50 worth of stuff. Family that steals together...

how else are we supposed to feed millions of illegal aliens?