Short v Sherk 4/30/ MN

ttt

if the same jake short that fought in the ffc here in mississippi shows up sherk is in for a war..good luck jake....Dirty Harry

LOL at him taking a fight lightly...hold on while I laugh more.

TTT for the Muscle Shark.

good luck Jake.

ttt

What some don't know about Jake is that he is a four-time state-qualifying wrestler; only sixteen people in the History of Michigan wrestling have accomplished this goal.

It is almost impossible to hold Jake down, and I don't think Jake has ever lost a takedown in a fight. If he does lose one, he is going to win a bunch. Jake has fought two state champions in his MMA career: Diego Sanchez and Melvin Guillard, and neither were success in getting a double leg, and Diego has a very good one.

Although we know that Sean is a great fighter, and is always in great shape, what beats a great wrestler is a better wrestler. Neither one of these fighters are going to get the win off their back.

Dave

It's not wrestling.

Hey Dave ,,4x state qualifying wrestler in Michigan ....Only 16 have done it ????....Are you kidding me ....There are like 20 guys off of Clovis Highs team in California who have gone to state all 4 years ....and CA is a much tougher state than Michigan .....That doesnt mean a whole lot .....

Ask Hughes about Seans wrestling in an MMA fight .... Hughes was a 2x NCAA All American .....and by the way when he got taken down ,,he never got up on his own ....

There are only about 16 4 time state CHAMPS.
I'm pretty sure ther are alot more than 16 4 time qualifiers.

jimmy how do you figure that CA has better wrestling than MI?

Are you kidding DR1 ??? Its not even close ...CA has 1 state tourny and is a huge state...Most states have 3 or 4 divisions .... CA is known for having one of the toughest if not the toughest states in the US for High School wrestling .....

Good luck to Jake, styles makes fights. I think entertaining fighters are becoming more popular than undefeated ones.

Btw, there are have been 8 four-time MI state champs, and 40+ three-time michigan state champs and I am thinking that some of those three-time state champs qualified four-times. you can go to mhsaa.com to see records.

its not worth arguing about... Sean is a quality opponent and i have no doubt that his grappling is top notch... 24 days and we will lock horns in the cage and the better man will have his hand raised...

by that way..jimmy... my senior year at High School Nationals in PA.. i bagged two multiple time state champs from Cali...but whats in the past is in the past... I am not the same person i was in HS and niether is Sean... it will be a fun one to watch... thats my only prediction...

Man of Steel

Sherk is going to dominate. Its not Highschool anymore for either Jake or Sean. Highschool medals in wrestling isnt going to play a factor. There is alot more to MMA than HS wrestling stats.

Jake ,,what multiple state champs from CA did you beat ??? Two in the same weight ???? Two with multiple state titles ????

It was in 99 so its been awhile... for HS nationals everyone cuts down a weight class or two.. so there are alot of same state guys in the same weights...

I remember the guy that Sherk fought in KOTC 8 they were saying that this guy had wrestled his whole life and there was no way Sherk could take/hold him down.

Guess what happened about 5-10 seconds into every round?

Guess who fought off thier back the whole time?

Good luck to you Jake,you have balls of steel for taking this fight.

But i gotta go with the Mn guy - Sherk by TKO round 2

Although I agree that High School wrestling doesn't mean anything in a MMA fight, the takedown will.

There is no doubt that Sean is a great MMA fighter, and has earned my respect as one of the top 170 lb fighters in the World. I give Jake a lot of credit for laying-it-on-the-line against Sean in his home town. Sean is truely one tough individual.

That being said, styles make fights and this fight is going to be very action packed. I think the MN fans are going to really enjoy this one.

Best of luck to both guys!

Dave

TTT

no comment

TTT