Should all elected officials decline their salary

Until the economy opens back up?

Only elected officials.. appointments and hires should take a pay cut 

1 Like

Some of them get paid less than a private job, but they gain job security and benefits. It’s a trade off. During bad times the government jobs are solid but during prosperous times the private jobs are better.

Not many politicians make less being politicians.  Our Governor is worth 40 mill,  I doubt he could make a 10th of that on his own in private business

Slydawg -

Some of them get paid less than a private job, but they gain job security and benefits. It’s a trade off. During bad times the government jobs are solid but during prosperous times the private jobs are better.

But elected officials making decisions on when to open an economy doesn’t make sense ... when they are still taking a salary from the people they aren’t allowing to work 

I wont work without getting paid, why should they?  

ScreenName22 -

It's not their salary that they need to decline, it's all the side hustle money they all take.

I would like to to see the “squad” and anyone else who’s dictating who can be open or make money... be in the same position 

maybe They can think of a better solution than a shutdown if they aren’t getting paid either 

I think elected officials should be disallowed from becoming millionaires while in office. Make it like any money they make above their salaries belongs to the US since they make their money as a direct result of their job.

They should be term limited out.
No more seniority or leaders among the house or senate.
No more career politicians or lifetime jobs in government.
No more pensions, perks or exempt from the law at any level.

They should be forced out and into the private sector.

Let them collect their salaries.  Just don’t let them trade stock during their time in office or 4 years after.

No, of course not. We don't pay elected officials millions, they make their millions by being underhanded. Should they stop being shady? yes

People like AOC will now get 170k for life, It's a good system.

tj tapper - 

they already don't work

angryinch -
tj tapper - 

they already don't work

Sadly many of them do work, just not for their constituents 

2 Likes

They already don't do anything, do you want them to do less?