Should fighters that pull out of fights...

be automatically tested by USADA? I know RDA is the latest example, but I'm not accusing him of doping. It just seems within the realm of possibility, that any fighter, who's on the sauce, could realize they messed up their cycle and pull out of a fight. It's just a question and I'd like to hear what the UG thinks.

Well they get tested randomly leading up to the fight so pulling out due to issues with cycling wouldn't make a lot of sense. Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy - Well they get tested randomly leading up to the fight so pulling out due to issues with cycling wouldn't make a lot of sense. Phone Post 3.0

I understand your point, but does every fighter on a card get randomly tested, or just the fighters higher up on the card?

Pretty dumb really RDA broke his foot I would imagine his management supplied the UFC with a doctors report and x-ray for his health insurance claim.

So not sure why this would require additional testing if a doctors report is supplied. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not accusing RDA of anything. He had much more to lose by pulling out of that fight than other fighters who do the same. Vitor Belfort has pulled out of 5 fights. IDK the reasoning behind the withdrawals, but he's a known juicer. If the same testing had been in place back then, maybe things would have been much different in his career. Especially if he had been tested upon removing himself from a fight.

Another example is Matt Riddle, 9 fights he's pulled out of. Not saying he's on the juice, but it could have easily been for reasons involving pot (which is stupid I know)

BigTedBear - Pretty dumb really RDA broke his foot I would imagine his management supplied the UFC with a doctors report and x-ray for his health insurance claim.

So not sure why this would require additional testing if a doctors report is supplied. Phone Post 3.0
He probably broke his foot on purpose as a cover knowing he would fail the drug test. Makes sense because the steroids would help him heal quickly.

-UG conspiracy experts Phone Post 3.0

If he's looking for an excuse then I doubt it's trying to hide PEDs. If anything it'd be trying to get extra time because he didn't feel ready. But I truly believe him when he says his foot was bruised. He even showed a picture of a bruised foot.

RDA will heal up and hopefully they'll fight at 200. It'd be a great fight for a big event.

Can we please have more stupid threads about fighters pulling out of fights?

Seriously, RDA broke his foot. I repeat, RDA broke his foot.

RDA broke his foot.

Did you guys even read what I typed? The question isn't about RDA. I know he broke his foot. It's about fighters in general that pull out of fights. It would have been the dumbest idea RDA could have if he faked an injury. He may never see that kind of money for a fight again.

Oh, it's just coincidence. My bad.

RDA broke his foot.

Yeah, but did he break... Oh.....

RDA broke his foot. Phone Post 3.0

RDA is just the latest to withdraw from a fight. Over the last 2-3 years tho, fights being changed/canceled has been a BIG deal.

jbbarne - RDA is just the latest to withdraw from a fight. Over the last 2-3 years tho, fights being changed/canceled has been a BIG deal.

So what you are saying is it only took you 2-3 years to make this thread, and right after RDA withdrew from his fight with McGregor. Duly noted.

RDA broke his foot.