Should I get a chevy avalanche?

I have an s10 but I cant use it for work cause it's too small. Is the avalanche a great truck? 

Ram > Silverado > Sierra > the rest 

1 Like

I loved my 2002 Avalanche.   If they bring it back I’ll probably buy another one new

I'm going to try to just find someone with an avalanche to trade my s10 for. Mines a v6 extended cab. I want the newer 2005 without the grey plastic on the lower body. I like that the window can be up and the lower part of the back seat folded down flat for 8 feet.

Vegito Blue -

Dude you do realize that a sierra is the upscale version of a silverado? Thats like saying youll take 7 day old meatloaf over filet mignon. 

2 Likes

baj54 -
Vegito Blue -

Dude you do realize that a sierra is the upscale version of a silverado? Thats like saying youll take 7 day old meatloaf over filet mignon. 

Also Dodge is not a great vehicle in comparison to chevy.

3 Likes

jujigatame1981 -
baj54 -
Vegito Blue -

Well Dodge doesn’t even make Rams anymore Ram is its own name now. Been like that for almost a decade but I still see people call it a Dodge Ram when that is not accurate 

1 Like

baj54 -
Vegito Blue -

Different motors though no? Silverado with the 5.3 block = no can defend except Ram 

Burned shrimp -

I'm going to try to just find someone with an avalanche to trade my s10 for. Mines a v6 extended cab. I want the newer 2005 without the grey plastic on the lower body. I like that the window can be up and the lower part of the back seat folded down flat for 8 feet.

Seems like a fitttng truck for the OGs on self proclaimed stock market guru making millions. Jesus homoslice, just throw in the towel. 

I miss my avalanche...never should have sold it.

Vegito Blue -
jujigatame1981 -
baj54 -
Vegito Blue -

Well Dodge doesn’t even make Rams anymore Ram is its own name now. Been like that for almost a decade but I still see people call it a Dodge Ram when that is not accurate 

The 5.3 is also in the GMC. And you're wrong.

Ford > GM > ram when it comes to trucks. 

As a Ford f150 driver it's much nicer than a ram.

All black Dodge ram :devil horns:

2 Likes

Hi juicedbeast, I'm glad you're a fan of mine, keep the faith.

Vegito Blue -
baj54 -
Vegito Blue -

Different motors though no? Silverado with the 5.3 block = no can defend except Ram 

The Sierra also has that but has an optional 6.2 upgrade. I agree the Ram is better than both of those but I’d easily take an F150 over a GM. No question. 

Vegito Blue - 
baj54 -
Vegito Blue -

GMC and Chevy trucks use the IDENTICAL engines. And transmissions, rear ends, suspensions, radiators, etc....

GM is an absurd company. They eliminate Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saturn, and Hummer to "streamline" the company. Yet they keep both Chevy AND GMC trucks that have nearly total dublicate product lines, and keep Buick alive which is only popular in China.

1 Like

A guy i worked with had an older one the gas mileage was horrible, especially compared to an s10.

I still like the look of the Silverado over the Sierra. I thought they had different motors and transmissions as well but guess not Ram over everything though lol I love the Hemi and the look of their trucks

No.

You've never driven a truck in your fast food eating life, pwnedLAKES

3 Likes

I have an F150 and love it. Almost all Rams I see here over a couple of years old start to rust out. Silverado/Sierra are great trucks too. I believe that Rams have more mechanical issues on average than the other big two as well. However the interiors look amazing.  Something to play with when your broken down on the side of the road I guess lol.

1 Like
NerveBlock -
Vegito Blue -
baj54 -
Vegito Blue -

The Sierra also has that but has an optional 6.2 upgrade. I agree the Ram is better than both of those but I’d easily take an F150 over a GM. No question. 

RAMS are the biggest POS trucks made. Owned one and it was absolute garbage. Broken down more than it was running. Never had any issues with Fords which is what I traded my POS RAM in for.