Should I play Half Life one?

The Half Life 2 hype machine has taken me over. I actually am not a big fan of FPS, but the demo I saw looked great, and best of all it sounds like this game is going to have an original story and premise. The setting and style are ones I've never seen before.

I never played the first one, though. I understand that you don't need to play the first one to play the second, but should I play the first anyway? Is it that good?

Yeah, I think so. It's not going to blow you away nowadays but you'll still have fun playing it. Won't take too long to finish. It'll just add to the HL2 fun you'll soon be having.

sure, besides I'm willing to bet you are going to be waiting a while. Just like the rest of us.

What is the Blue Shift expansion?

Its an easy game to get sucked into to. Play it for ten minutes and you'll probably play through the whole thing.

lol apparently valve are porting HL to the HL2 engine. As if they didn't have enough on their plate right now.

I just got it today, and damn if I didn't get sucked in just like you said.

Just spent close to an hour just trying to kill that one thing that "hears" you and is always banging on the catwalks. Had to distract it with grenades.

But it was so satisfying when I finally fried it.

Ha! I remember that thing. Jesus it pissed me off!