Should I Stop Doing Weighted Pull-ups?

I've been doing weighted pull-ups for the last year, (2) 45's, and I'm seeing good results, and not having any soreness.

However my buddy Rayne says that I’m going to develop shoulder problems if I keep it up.

What say you?

Le Shat

©

Rayne is a pussy.  Tell him I said so. And he has a stupid name also. 

4 Likes
darren23372 -

He probably has a ponytail.

4 Likes

your buddy is just jelly.

Hey Mookie

If you haven't had a problem for s year I suspect you are ok.   You'd have had some soreness if your range of motion was causing joint infringement or tendon issues.

Typically you would experiencevsome mild discomfort  or soreness that you ignore or "push through" that leads to bigger injury.

thats my bro science opinion.

Canooke - 
darren23372 -

He probably has a ponytail.

He does! He’s a big Hawaiian guy.

I think he is getting jealous of my gains.

Le Shat

©

1 Like
sacredhate -

If yo

This. 

1 Like
Goochy Mang - 

Hey Mookie

I was never Mookie, but I swear to God I saw a car last year that had a Mookie 3:16 sticker on the back.

Le Shat

©

A lot of problems or potential problems with pull ups can be alleviated by doing them with a parallel grip.

KeezyDoesIt -
sacredhate -

If yo

This. 

Stupid app constantly misbehaving...you caught that fast though!

Tell Rayne you bring the pain and not in vain because you strive for gain.

2 Likes

Should be all good as long as you're maintaining proper scapular retraction. 

Rayne is a girls name.

banco - A lot of problems or potential problems with pull ups can be alleviated by doing them with a parallel grip.

Thank you! I’ll order a set.

Le Shat

©

You should stop sucking dick you mark ass trick ass ho.

ptper - Tell Rayne you bring the pain and not in vain because you strive for gain.

Make sure you got a sick pump going and a bandana on your head when doing so. 

sacredhate -

If you haven't had a problem for s year I suspect you are ok.   You'd have had some soreness if your range of motion was causing joint infringement or tendon issues.

Typically you would experiencevsome mild discomfort  or soreness that you ignore or "push through" that leads to bigger injury.

thats my bro science opinion.

This... I work out obsessively but carry no injuries... as soon as I feel joint discomfort I stop that lift 

Thrill Hammer - 

Rayne is a girls name.

It’s funny, we were at the beach club bar the other morning after a SUP sesh, and the bartender was this ridiculously hot spanish girl. (Made awesome hemp seed smoothies too). You could tell she was into Rayne, and they were talking quite a bit. Then she asked his name and when he told her, she said “ewww that’s a girl’s name”. Totally shut him down.

Le Shat

©