Should Marina Shafir retire?

Dougie - 

No.

The problem here is her management. A good manager or coach knows what fights to take and how to build your fighter up. I think that she was rushed along because of her association with RR.

She should start rebuilding and that means putting her in front of some fighters she can rebuild on.

The girl who just KOed her was making her debut.

Who else should she have been fighting? Or, what easier fights are there?

She looked like a dear in headlights- I just don't think it's her calling. Phone Post 3.0

I think she's beautiful and I don't wanna see her get messed up.. But that's just my inner pervert talking.. Phone Post 3.0

Dougie -

No.

The problem here is her management. A good manager or coach knows what fights to take and how to build your fighter up. I think that she was rushed along because of her association with RR.

She should start rebuilding and that means putting her in front of some fighters she can rebuild on.

Wasn't her opponent 1-0 in amateur fights and 0-0 as a pro?
Sounds hand picked to me... Phone Post 3.0

Marina's glass-head and inability to display progression with her boxing, will lead to much of the same result as her last two fights.

Her goal is to be able to get to the level where she can compete with Cyborg. But she's already more than a year behind her timeline, and the last two fights have put her light years behind Cris.

Here's what Marina tweeted about 20 minutes ago:
Marina Shafir ?@MarinaShafir 23m23 minutes ago
1. I'm a okay 2. This is a SPORT, you win some, you lose some 3. Fuck ALL the haters and keyboard warriors.

https://twitter.com/MarinaShafir/status/619598254489997312

Does she have background in any martial arts or she's just rousey friend? Phone Post 3.0

Carson's Corner radio show -

Yoon Dong-Sik went 0-4 to start with and became a decent fighter, although admittedly he was fighting higher level competition.

That reminds me, He makes his return at Road Fc 24. Im pretty sure he's fighting Takase (The guy who triangled Anderson Silva, Japanese names are hard to spell!) Phone Post 3.0

Her calling out the keyboard warriors is bullshit. Women don't have the same power to put lights out like the men do and she's getting destroyed like a man is punching her Phone Post 3.0

This is the same girl that th collective UG was saying would take care of Cyborg for Ronda... what a difference a few months makes Phone Post 3.0

Should have stayed ammy longer!! She just gets hype cause of her connection to Rousey. There's a lot of girls out there with better records that would live her spot on that card but it's a business!!! Phone Post 3.0

she talked a lot of shit about being very, very good.

The backlash is expected.

Anyone saying Marina should retire is out of line. She just needs to change her coaching and her standup training partners. I don't know who the fuck told her that she shouldn't be urgently looking for a takedown, but she clearly has bad coaches. No one is being honest with her about where she's currently at with her striking. And her training partners either suck or they're holding back way too much.

The insane thing is as she walked to the cage last night, commentators were talking about her fighting Cyborg.

How delusional is THAT?

Had Shafir won, Invicta sadly may have made that slaughter bout. Phone Post 3.0

Winter Phone Post 3.0

blakemp - Anyone saying Marina should retire is out of line. She just needs to change her coaching and her standup training partners. I don't know who the fuck told her that she shouldn't be urgently looking for a takedown, but she clearly has bad coaches. No one is being honest with her about where she's currently at with her striking. And her training partners either suck or they're holding back way too much.
How's it out of line? It's not like she was k.o.ed after competitive fights.
She was easily k.o.ed in 37 seconds both times.
How often do you see that in women's MMA? Never.
She doesn't have a chin. This sport may be too brutal for her, and her brain may already have taken too much damage. It could get worse from here. Phone Post 3.0

BTW, Shafir has been training MMA for at least four years. This is her 8th fight. She went 5-0 as an ammy, and now has gone 1-2 as a pro. Phone Post 3.0

JustAnotherMMAFan - 
blakemp - Anyone saying Marina should retire is out of line. She just needs to change her coaching and her standup training partners. I don't know who the fuck told her that she shouldn't be urgently looking for a takedown, but she clearly has bad coaches. No one is being honest with her about where she's currently at with her striking. And her training partners either suck or they're holding back way too much.
She doesn't have a chin. This sport may be too brutal for her, and her brain may already have taken too much damage. It could get worse from here. Phone Post 3.0

Let's be honest Marina wasn't rocket scientist material to begin with and at this rate that poor girl might not be able to spell her own name after a few more fights.

58miles -
JustAnotherMMAFan - 

Let's be honest Marina wasn't rocket scientist material to begin with and at this rate that poor girl might not be able to spell her own name after a few more fights.
2 likely concussions like that in a year and who knows what in training that year plus who knows what from a life of judo and being thrown on her head...

With all the info out there these days it's hard to ignore what can happen down the road.

Her life and to each their own though! Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow - 
Dougie - 

No.

Her opponent was the winner of an ammy tournament and was 3-1 ammy apparently and despite her none pro experience had some serious ammy experience.

Sadly for Marina she needs someone with less than that.

I think that if she wants to make a serious run at being something she needs to start at scratch.

Dougie -
12SixElbow - 
Dougie - 

No.

Her opponent was the winner of an ammy tournament and was 3-1 ammy apparently and despite her none pro experience had some serious ammy experience.

Sadly for Marina she needs someone with less than that.

I think that if she wants to make a serious run at being something she needs to start at scratch.

Marina had 5 or 6 am my fights. Phone Post 3.0