Should Marquardt's win over Miller should be a NC?

Should I should look into should this? Phone Post

nyhcloyalty - 
jjj2121 - 
jjj2121 - 
NJstileNJ - 
jjj2121 - 
NJstileNJ - ^^exactly thats why I asked, I just thought it was weird that Nj suspended him right after that fight for this issue.

Except NJ didn't suspend him.

Yeah, we're the retards here.

yea did they after the fight...retard

No, they didn't.  He was never suspended in New Jersey.  Pennsylvania suspended him as of 3 pm Saturday and it's the ONLY state he was suspended in anytime recently.

Funny how OP abandoned this thread after this post...wonder why?????

Maybe because not every single person is on the UG 24 hours a day? It's been two hours, christ.
Maybe because OP got STFD with his nonsense claim about Marquardt being suspended in NJ.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=6712851

Last August, the 32-year-old fighter was diagnosed with low testosterone levels after feeling "sluggish, lethargic and overtrained." According to Alchemist, Marquardt was placed on hormone replacement therapy at that time and notified the UFC of his treatment.

During the application process for his recent fight at UFC 128 in Newark, N.J., on March 19, the New Jersey athletic commission placed an indefinite suspension on Marquardt beginning immediately after the fight due to incomplete paperwork submitted for his therapeutic exemption.

"I was told the suspension would be lifted once I had been off treatment for at least eight weeks and pending approval from an endocrinologist that the HRT was necessary based off of several blood tests," Marquardt said.

According to the statement, Marquardt fulfilled the requirements laid out by the New Jersey commission and resumed treatment in early June, three weeks before the scheduled main event fight against Rick Story. Due to the timing of the fight, Marquardt underwent a more "aggressive" treatment.

"Nate's primary care physician administered treatment in an effort to get his levels to a point appropriate for someone of his age and within acceptable limits for the fight," Alchemist said.

By the week of the fight, Marquardt's testosterone levels were too high to compete. Although daily tests showed they were trending down, the levels remained above the allowed limit, explaining the failed medicals.

In addition to not being able to compete Sunday, Marquardt received an indefinite suspension by the Pennsylvania athletic commission, which would last until he could prove his testosterone levels had reached acceptable levels.

^^^

I stand corrected...my sincere apologies to OP.  That's the absolute first I've read about that. 

I am absolutely shocked that the UFC booked him for this fight in Pennsylvania while he was suspended in NJ.  Even if they were under the impression it would be lifted prior to the fight in Pittsburgh, that is not how the UFC generally does things, you usually need to be free and clear before you are booked for another fight.  I can't believe nobody in the media picked this up until after the fact. 

i was looking all over for that article lol...I was starting to think I was going crazy

My bad dude, I'd never heard about that...and it made zero sense to me when you said it.

I can't believe they scheduled someone who was currently under suspension in another state for a fight.  They ALWAYS make these guys clear that sort of stuff up before being booked again.

and remember for next time jj i dont just post nonsense for fun...also I didn't abandon the thread i just left work

jjj2121 -  My bad dude, I'd never heard about that...and it made zero sense to me when you said it.

I can't believe they scheduled someone who was currently under suspension in another state for a fight.  They ALWAYS make these guys clear that sort of stuff up before being booked again.

it's cool...

I didn't think you made it up, I was thinking you had your states confused as far as who exactly suspended Nate, I even went on MMAJunkie to lookup post UFC 128 suspensions and there was zero mention of Marquardt in the article.  It seems he was suspended and nobody even knew about it.

i knew i saw it written than when you challenged i couldnt find it... I was like oh snap I'm losing my shit

The whole NJ thing was kept very very quite. I think that is why Dana was so pissed and fired Nate....

So this is the way I think it went:

Nate does steroids. Pisses hot. Says it was OTC supplements and he didn't know he was a problem.

The juice probably fucked up his testosterone levels, so rather than ride it out and let his body recover from the steroid abuse, he finds a shady Dr. to prescribe him Testosterone replacement.

He tells NJ that he has a Dr. note and they let him fight, but the Dr. note either never shows up, or it shows up but it is shady as hell. But his levels were back to within range so NJ said we will let the shady paperwork slide but don't let it happen again.

I am guessing at this point....but I would imagine Dana told Nate to get his act together, he didn't want another high profile guy getting popped. It looks bad.

Fast forward to last week....Nates test levels are off the charts high, his paper still seems a bit suspect and he gets fired.

I can kind of give Nate the benefit of the doubt that he really doesnt 100% understand all of the science behind this, but I cant give him a pass on thinking getting hormone injections is not cheating.

In hind sight, NJ should have not let him fight for having shady paperwork for the beginning, even if his levels were within range.

^^^

Were there any murmurs of this in NJ over the past 3 months or is this all new to everyone??? 

And yes, Lembo should have to answer for this.  You either have an exemption prior to a fight or you don't.  This was handled poorly by the NJACB IMO.

It was kept very quite.

NJ has an excellent commission, and I have nothing but respect for the job Nick Lembo does. Nate's levels were within the acceptable range when he fought in NJ, it was his paperwork that was not complete, or had some sort of issue.

Lembo does a great job, but he should need to speak about this IMO.