Should MMA Judging be like American Idol? hah

Any person can just throw an arbitrary number out there at a fight score and then quietly leave the stadium when the event is over and no one is the wiser.

When a fight end, should the main focus then be on the judging?

Like when the fight ends the camera focuses then to the 3 judges who have a mic. They tell you how they scored the fight and why.  A quick like 30 seconds- 1 minute each on why it was scored that way. It will then become more transparent who actually knows what they are talking about regardinbg MMA and who is just there for a paycheque.

I think its important for the viewer to know how the fight was evaluated by them right there and then so they can be held accountable for their actions if they make mistakes or praised if their evaluation methods hold great merit.

Once a fight is over you never hear from them again. They collect their money and off to judge a next fight ambiguously.

good idea

sounds good, i can imagine it now.. cecil people's stuttering on the mike and frantically pawing through his "MMA Reffing for Dummies" handbook.

Mc6pack - sounds good, i can imagine it now.. cecil people's stuttering on the mike and frantically pawing through his "MMA Reffing for Dummies" handbook.

hehe then he reads the decision straight out of the book.

I think a lot of mma judges would just quit if they had to explain themselves on live tv and actually be accountable.

at the moment they play the wizard of oz role.

the polls on here are always pretty accurate

MMA idol!

I'd love to see it happen, at least once!