Should opponents be made aware re:trt

Ive been thinking about this lately. With the influx of fighters applying for and getting TUE's for TRT do you think fighters should be made aware if there opponent is using trt? Phone Post

I should have specified prior to their fight. Phone Post

Good point OP.

Yes, a fighter should be fully aware what their opponent is using legally (such as TRT) and should have the right NOT TO ACCEPT A FIGHT with that opponent.

Absolutely. If I'm offered to fight a 40 year old man, I better not get in there and find out he's got 3.8 times the testosterone levels of an 18 year old man (now that he's let them taper off from the 14x they were during his training).

I agree 100%. Phone Post

That is between the fighter, the Doctor, and the AC.

It is medical information, about a medical condition and treatment, and is privileged.

No one has any right to that information.

In a sport like this I feel that if one competitor is given the option of using trt the other fighter should have the opportunity to know about it. Furthermore, I also believe fighters with trt exemptions should need to be tested more often to monitor compliance. Phone Post

ShawnTheBadger - That is between the fighter, the Doctor, and the AC.

It is medical information, about a medical condition and treatment, and is privileged.

No one has any right to that information.

But we are made aware of it after the fights, like with the vitor/bisping. Phone Post

In my opinion FIGHTER_A should be fully aware if FIGHTER_B is using any legal (TRT or other) substances that are known to give advantage in a fight.

If FIGHTER_A isn't told that his opponent FIGHTER_B is using something and FIGHTER_A loses the fight and then finds out that FIGHTER_B was on something, FIGHTER_A should have the right to appeal and make the fight a NO CONTEST.

If FIGHTER_A is fully aware of what FIGHTER_B is using and AGREES to fight FIGHTER_B, than let them fight.

Just my opinion really.

FinestScotch - 

So let's say as a 21 year old you fight a 37 year old.

Let's say the 21 year old naturally produces more testosterone than the 37 year old, after TRT.

Do we warn the 37 year old that he's fighting a 21 year old man?

He already knows he's fighting a 21 year old man? Silly argument.

And your scenario is going to be the exception, as the fighters on TRT are allowed to have testosterone levels that test at 5 times a normal man's at the time of the fight. That is a clear advantage, that's not a knee surgery get get a guy back to maybe close to normal.

That's enhancement. That's experience + old man strength + reflexes, speed and recovery time of a superhuman 18 year old.

elysian - Good point OP.

Yes, a fighter should be fully aware what their opponent is using legally (such as TRT) and should have the right NOT TO ACCEPT A FIGHT with that opponent.

Agree 100% Phone Post

If a fighter has a legal exemption for TRT/PED use by the AC, then that information should be available to the public. If they test outside of legal exemption they make the results public anyways, so...

But, fighters shouldn't use it as a crutch/leverage for turning down a fight with a competitor that has a legal exemption for TRT/PED. The AC will test them and if anything is wrong they will take necessary action.

Basically, worry about your training and mental state for your upcoming fight instead of what your opponent may or may-not be putting into their body. Afterall, that is the only thing you can control. Phone Post

ttt

I got vtfd for this thread... But I enjoy the discussion so keep it up! Phone Post

Heroic Rise - 

I got vtfd for this thread... But I enjoy the discussion so keep it up! Phone Post

Voted up.

Heroic Rise - 

I also voted you up.

FinestScotch -

So let's say as a 21 year old you fight a 37 year old.

Let's say the 21 year old naturally produces more testosterone than the 37 year old, after TRT.

Do we warn the 37 year old that he's fighting a 21 year old man?

Lets say aliens come down from outer space tomorrow and want to fight in the cage, do we let them?

My advice to you would be to learn more about TRT before you throw out scenarios that have about as much likeliness to happen as mine. Phone Post

youarewhatiswrong - Absolutely. If I'm offered to fight a 40 year old man, I better not get in there and find out he's got 3.8 times the testosterone levels of an 18 year old man (now that he's let them taper off from the 14x they were during his training).

THIS

Do we warn the 27 year old that my cock is 9 an a half inches when erect?

There are WAY too many people that suddenly have low T levels. This is something that most medical doctors will tell you is just not accurate. There is also a difference between a 40yr old man having low testosterone levels compared to other 40yr old men, and having low levels when compared to a 20yr old. That is just part of aging...levels to drop but are still considered "Normal" when the age is taken into account.

With that being said I believe that anyone on TRT should be tested MUCH more frequent to ensure they are running proper levels. In addition the opponent should be aware. When this information is kept private is only encourages more and more people to suddenly have "low testosterone" levels to try and beat the system. There are some people out there that are legit in needing TRT, however just like anything...there will always be people that abuse it. No way 100% of these fighters are really needing TRT.