Should selling your organs be legal?

Its your body, should you be free to sell a kidney, eye, or whatever if you wanted to for whatever price tou wanted to?

I say yes. I understand the moral arguements against this but I say its your body and who is someone else to say what you can and cannot do with it.

I can see something like kid parts being illegal as well as mentally impared people.

Id sell my kidney for 5 mill. Bone marrow for 1 mill.

What is the moral argument against you selling your own body parts?

Can you sell fetus's from preggo chicks? My body my choice right? And should the father get 50% of the income?!?

You could sell your organs in the Middle East and have a hospital in Asia do the surgery...the buyer pays all expenses

BruteDion - What is the moral argument against you selling your own body parts?
Stuff like poor people would be scammed and exploited, and the medical community have their pious ethics as they make millions transplanting donated organs. There is a lot more to this but I generally disagree.

but would you selll your OG hog?

dhughes - Why don't you sell your brain since you're not using it? Oh!!!
Or sell your balls since your not using it.

Only if youre dying and the medical industry and State can profit.

kevind4123 - Can you sell fetus's from preggo chicks? My body my choice right? And should the father get 50% of the income?!?

Girls can sell their eggs so yeah it is their body their choice

Should be 100% legal.

Why should it be otherwise?

If you can give it away for free, why cant you sell it?

dhughes -
Tim Duncan -
dhughes - Why don't you sell your brain since you're not using it? Oh!!!
Or sell your balls since your not using it.
Balls = plural. Sell "them."
Yeah sell both if you dont need em

Lindsay PhDDD -
kevind4123 - Can you sell fetus's from preggo chicks? My body my choice right? And should the father get 50% of the income?!?

Girls can sell their eggs so yeah it is their body their choice

Word ,DDD

So I had this idea a while back that people who live risky lives or even people who don't should be able to agree to sell their organs to whom they please if they should die. And all proceeds go to the deads family. I thought about making a website for people to put their info on a meet other people for this cause. That way both sides can benefit from a tragedy. Do you guys think it would take off? Anybody else want in?

Tim Duncan - 
BruteDion - What is the moral argument against you selling your own body parts?
Stuff like poor people would be scammed and exploited, and the medical community have their pious ethics as they make millions transplanting donated organs. There is a lot more to this but I generally disagree.

Got yeah, I was looking at it like the moral argument against the owner of the organs can't sell them. Like they should be shamed or something.

There should be legit ways to sell your organs though. Not talk walking into a hotel and let some back alley doc cut you open type of shit. There should be over site.

It would probably improve the odds of finding a compatible organ for potential transplant patients drastically.  My only concern is that the price of organs would become prohibitive to all but the affluent.  I might be mistaken but, I think live donors offer organs free of charge (e.g. one of their kidneys) and most organs come from deceased donors who pledged the donation on their driver's license or in some other manner.

There is 1 country in the world where a citizen can legally sell his/her organs (kidney to be more specific). The donor has supervised medical care, has paid leave off work, gets adequately paid, gets followed up for life, has guarantees that the donation is safe (won't end up in dialysis 1 month after donation). Other upsides? Society saves a lot of money (a dialysis patient cost about 70 000 US$ per year) and even better, patients hardly wait for a transplant.

I work as a nephrologist in the US and Canada. Waiting lists are about 2-3 years here. I have patients who are still waiting after 10 years. Most physicians here believe that this is forward thinking, yet we're very far from implementing this.

That country? Iran.

Tim Duncan - Its your body, should you be free to sell a kidney, eye, or whatever if you wanted to for whatever price tou wanted to?

I say yes. I understand the moral arguements against this but I say its your body and who is someone else to say what you can and cannot do with it.

I can see something like kid parts being illegal as well as mentally impared people.

I think so

There should be an option to be compensated for organ donation.... At least until we can just grow our own new organs

Tim Duncan - Its your body, should you be free to sell a kidney, eye, or whatever if you wanted to for whatever price tou wanted to?

I think you're grossly misinformed on the going price for human organs. Why would someone with $5M buy your kidney when they could get a low mileage kidney from a poor kid in India whose never had alcohol

sicko -

I think you're grossly misinformed on the going price for human organs. Why would someone with $5M buy your kidney when they could get a low mileage kidney from a poor kid in India whose never had alcohol
Maybe I am a perfect match? Id like to keep my kidney and would only give it to a close family member or friend. Any less money is not worth it for me to sell to a stranger.