should the UFC have a year end supershow?

Do you think that the UFC would benefit from a big year end event. Major sports have their big year end things, football has the super bowl, baseball the world series finals, nba finals, even I hate to say it wrestling has wrestlemania. Do you think that the UFC would benefit from something like this.

Now let me lay it out for you, what if, say you pay 50$ now for a UFC PPV, would you be willing to pay double the price, 100$ if all the fights were broadcast, even the prelims. And here is the kicker, the card is loaded, and I mean loaded. Say for this year end show, you have a super fight like Silva-Sonnen 2, well, on that same card, throw in Edgar-Melendez, or Aldo or Cruz, but two titles on the line. Not only that, but the rest of the card is filled with fighters that you know are going to bring it, give you exciting fights like Bonnar-Griffin (its famous, have to use it as a reference) Guida-Sanchez, Leben-Martin, going to go out on a limb and already call Penn-Diaz one of em. Matches where you know its going to be a show, from prelim card to main event. Of course, these would have to be big stadium shows, and as I mentionned before, double the price of the PPV. But like I said, you get to see every fight. And I mean, if the UFC is going to put something like this together, we all know its a business, so you got to pay extra to get extra and I mean, if this was the case, a completly loaded card from start to finish and I got to see it all, I would definetly pay double for it

I mean, with all the talk of Dana White wanting to take this to the next level, I think this would be the next level. I know that there is always the chase to the belt and everything like that, which is good, but this gives guys another thing to shoot for. You bring it, you put on good fights, you give it your all, and you earn a spot at the "Superbowl" show of the UFC. I mean think about it. Big year end shows, sponsors are going to want to put out big money to be represented there, so fighters that work hard to get the spot on the big year end stage are going to see a increase in sponsorship dollars, which is a incentive for them to work hard to get there, and a reward when they do. I mean, look how much people pay for 30 second commercials on super bowl sunday. Not saying that fighters fight stupidily, but the incentive is there for guys to finish, and I am not talking knockouts here, I enjoy seeing a slick submission with great technique used to set it up just as much as a guy that knocks someone out. This is mixed martial arts, not boxing. And I mean the UFC can profit from it as well in ways of selling advertising in the octagon to major companies who want to be seen on the big stage

All in all, I think this would be win win for everyone. UFC makes big money, and I mean, you could book these shows in some of the largest venues in the world, dallas stadium, the superdome in Japan, so the live gate would be huge. And of course, PPV dollars, double the price, lots more people tuning in, cause of the super stacked card, lots of money generated there for the company. The fighters that fight there, definetly benefit from it, major increase in sponsorship dollars by companies that want to be seen on the big stage, increase in bonuses for FOTN, SOTN and KOOTN. And I mean, you gotta have something there to intice the fighters, and well, money talks. And the biggest benefit is to the fans, they get a super stacked card, get to see it all, not only that, but every other card will benefit from this, cause now you got guys giving it that little extra all the time to finish fights, but on great matches cause they want to make it to the big stage, the year end hooray

Let me know what you think?

yes.

They already do have big new years and superbowl shows. I do wish they would make them stand out production wise, insted of the cookie cutter way they do it now where every event looks the same. I understand that it's the UFC brand that sells tickets, I'd just like them to no be so rigid in their formula.

Tad Ghostal - They already do have big new years and superbowl shows. I do wish they would make them stand out production wise, insted of the cookie cutter way they do it now where every event looks the same. I understand that it's the UFC brand that sells tickets, I'd just like them to no be so rigid in their formula.

Agree 100%. Would be pretty awesome if they made the end of the year shows unique in terms of production. Doesn't have to be over the top Dynamite-style, but something outside of the norm of the shows during the rest of the year.

when was the last time you seen a year end show that was any different than every other show, why I wrote about actual stacked cards, top to bottom, with fighters who bring it all the time, they come to put on great fights, earning their spot at the big show

You can't "know" a fight will be awesome. It could look great on paper but be underwhelming for various reasons.

EX: Pettis/Stephens last card. Two exciting strikers on paper makes a good fight but instead we were treated to a subpar wrestling match. Similar results happen when two exciting grapplers match up and make it a subpar kickboxing match.

I loved the Pride Shockwave cards though! Phone Post