Should the UFC have their version of Wrestlemania?

Like one mega show a year. I thought the perfect one would be every April they should go back to Toronto and have a huge show.

But it seems like they dont have interest in that, and just want to keep promoting them all the same. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it's no secret that the WWE highest buy rates come from their annual Wrestlemania ppv's year after year.

new years. Phone Post

Isnt the superbowl weekend the superbowl of mma? Just no fancy name for it yet Phone Post

Zamiel - I don't think we can decide whether that show is New Years, or Super Bowl weekend.
Well UFC 100 was a July PPV so probably July 4th weekend wouldn't you say?

I think they should. I think the fight card should be all for title contention (7 title fights) no prelims, no undercards. Dana can bill it as "Night of Champions" or something else more respectable sounding.... of course since the titles will all be on the line this means that the 2 cards prior to the big annual show and the 2 cards following will be lacking title fights...

However, the 2 prior cards could be a tournaments to find the number 1 contender.... and the 2 cards following the big show can be random fights held overseas lol.

I think business and entertainment-wise it would benefit everyone.

Jack Skellington -
Zamiel - I don't think we can decide whether that show is New Years, or Super Bowl weekend.
Well UFC 100 was a July PPV so probably July 4th weekend wouldn't you say?

I wouldnt say. Just happened that way imo. Plus NYE and SB wk end are usually "stacked". This past july 4 card was not Phone Post

They usually try to stack July 4th and New Years weekend cards.

They usually do the three big ones each year. SuperBowl, July 4, and year end.

One that stands out bigger than the rest would be nice, but I don't see it happening. Injuries could wreak havoc on one.

Darth BLAF - They will create a yearly mega show at Madison Square Garden once the skirt wearing faggots in New York finally surrender.

one can only hope

xcarnoxometzx - I think they should. I think the fight card should be all for title contention (7 title fights) no prelims, no undercards. Dana can bill it as "Night of Champions" or something else more respectable sounding.... of course since the titles will all be on the line this means that the 2 cards prior to the big annual show and the 2 cards following will be lacking title fights...

However, the 2 prior cards could be a tournaments to find the number 1 contender.... and the 2 cards following the big show can be random fights held overseas lol.

I think business and entertainment-wise it would benefit everyone.

I like this idea, but I'd be afraid that most of the champions only fight once a year.

Darth BLAF - They will create a yearly mega show at Madison Square Garden once the skirt wearing faggots in New York finally surrender.

QFT Phone Post

The problem with doing it in the UFC is the match ups available.

Their only choice would be to hold off on some of the big ones in order to pump up a 'Wrestlemania card' and fill the monthly cards with b-level main events.

Its not like there are a ton of main event options right now that they just aren't doing.

Where would all the extra mega matches come from to fill a super card?

Can they also do tag team and royal rumble?? Phone Post

FingerorMoon - The problem with doing it in the UFC is the match ups available.

Their only choice would be to hold off on some of the big ones in order to pump up a 'Wrestlemania card' and fill the monthly cards with b-level main events.

Its not like there are a ton of main event options right now that they just aren't doing.

Where would all the extra mega matches come from to fill a super card?
christ PRIDE didn't annouced fights until a week prior sometimes. 

And as far as where the other big fights would come from, they have more than enough 'named guys' who they could use. Especially since the acquisition of Strikeforce

frontrowbrian -  
UFC would never be able to stage an annual extravaganza the magnitude of Wrestlemania

Yes because UFC is not staged like WWE

Dana Vs Tito in a loser leaves town match with Tables Ladders Chairs and Ric Flair as guest ref

Kingo Phone Post

It'd be cool, but the like 3 cards before and after it would suck.

frontrowbrian -  UFC could try to stage a WM type event but it's like trying to make the water flow uphill.

WWE is another level.

UFC would never be able to stage an annual extravaganza the magnitude of Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania is an institution.

UFC is Wand vs. Leben in a co main event

Dude,

I am from Europe so i might not ''get'' the whole WWF craze,but you do know that it is fake right. All the so called title fights are fake.Storylines,fake.Fighters,fake.Belts,fake.Fake,Fake,Fake,everything is fake about the WWF but the genuine training the wrestlers have to put in (got to respect that) and the amazing corporate and marketing strategies then are able to apply.

Does that mean that the UFC should follow there example,no.Dude these are real belts,competed for by real athletes. You cannot expect to have a box card with all the division belts on the line either. Simple logistics would not allow it (people get injuries),it would dilute the anticipation around the titlefight and simply make somewhat of a mockery of the sport as well. A Pride type of tournement would be a great option (spread it over a longer period though,but not as long as the current Strikeforce GP) but please do not ever compare/confuse MMA with WWF.

WWF is an institution for entertainment fans,not fight or sport fans. WWF is on another level of fake,certainly.It might be better at selling BS then the UFC but there completely different animals and frankly i cannot grasp that your that enamoured with WWF (i can understand that you like it and see it as fake ''entertainment'' but that is clearly not the case here) post the things you just did.

fightharder - 
frontrowbrian -  UFC could try to stage a WM type event but it's like trying to make the water flow uphill.

WWE is another level.

Wrestlemania is an institution.

UFC is Wand vs. Leben in a co main event

Dude,

I am from Europe so i might not ''get'' the whole WWF craze,but you do know that it is fake right. All the so called title fights are fake.Storylines,fake.Fighters,fake.Belts,fake.Fake,Fake,Fake,everything is fake about the WWF but the genuine training the wrestlers have to put in (got to respect that) and the amazing corporate and marketing strategies then are able to apply.

Does that mean that the UFC should follow there example,no.Dude these are real belts,competed for by real athletes. You cannot expect to have a box card with all the division belts on the line either. Simple logistics would not allow it (people get injuries),it would dilute the anticipation around the titlefight and simply make somewhat of a mockery of the sport as well. A Pride type of tournement would be a great option (spread it over a longer period though,but not as long as the current Strikeforce GP) but please do not ever compare/confuse MMA with WWF.

WWF is an institution for entertainment fans,not fight or sport fans. WWF is on another level of fake,certainly.It might be better at selling BS then the UFC but there completely different animals and frankly i cannot grasp that your that enamoured with WWF (i can understand that you like it and see it as fake ''entertainment'' but that is clearly not the case here) post the things you just did.<br type="_moz" />

Well put

UFC vs Strikeforce: Ultimate Championship 2011 Phone Post