Should there be restrictions on who can vote?

I'm not saying yes, and I'm not saying no, I'm just curious what others think. This is one of many videos of it's kind, and these people vote. Should there be some type of restriction on who can vote? Maybe a general knowledge test, idk anything? What do you guys think?

Ideally yes, but it will never happen.

Stupid balances out on both sides.

Government should be so small & powerless, a retard could drive it anyway.

Yes. A test should be administered, requiring knowledge of the candidates and their platforms, the workings of the American government, basic economics and history/world geography.

What if the same proposed test, applied to taxes.
If you're too stupid you don't have to pay any taxes.

Where's your logic now ?

I dunno bro. They shouldn't vote because they don't know who the Vice President is? Who gives a flying fuck who he is. If I was in America, I wouldn't care who he is, I'd care if he's doing a good job or not.

Here in Australia I wouldn't be surprised if most people couldn't name the Deputy Prime Minister (Julie Bishop), the Governor-General (Quentin Bryce) or the leader of the opposition (Bill Shorten). Doesn't make them stupid. It just means they don't give a fuck about whose in politics.

fap_2_dis - What if the same proposed test, applied to taxes.
If you're too stupid you don't have to pay any taxes.

Where's your logic now ?
Ummm. What? Phone Post 3.0

BrunoMcGyver - I dunno bro. They shouldn't vote because they don't know who the Vice President is? Who gives a flying fuck who he is. If I was in America, I wouldn't care who he is, I'd care if he's doing a good job or not.

Here in Australia I wouldn't be surprised if most people couldn't name the Deputy Prime Minister (Julie Bishop), the Governor-General (Quentin Bryce) or the leader of the opposition (Bill Shorten). Doesn't make them stupid. It just means they don't give a fuck about whose in politics.
So it doesn't matter if they know who they're voting for? Maybe we should just put a list of names on a ballot, no campaigning, just a list of random names picked out of a hat. Since there is no problem with voting for a random person we don't know... Phone Post 3.0

Jhay - 
BrunoMcGyver - I dunno bro. They shouldn't vote because they don't know who the Vice President is? Who gives a flying fuck who he is. If I was in America, I wouldn't care who he is, I'd care if he's doing a good job or not.

So it doesn't matter if they know who they're voting for? Maybe we should just put a list of names on a ballot, no campaigning, just a list of random names picked out of a hat. Since there is no problem with voting for a random person we don't know... Phone Post 3.0

It doesn't really matter, mate. In two party systems like in USA and Australia it doesn't matter about the people, it matters about the party they represent (I think this is fucked, but it's reality at the moment).

A person can stand for things that may be different than the views of the party they represent, but at the end of day the party line will always be towed.

Because of that, it does not matter who they are vote for.

It wouldn't be a major problem if lying fell under mandatory strict punishment.

Everyone who lives under the law they vote for should be able to vote.
Schools should educate voters on laws, as they are the most pertinent issues they will likely tackle in their life.

Liars should be prosecuted severely.

I think you should have to take a short quiz that tests your knowledge of the candidates policies and previous voting history. If you don't get a certain % correct you can't vote.

I think it's irresponsible as fuck.to.just go out and vote for someone just because they're affiliated with a particular political party. Phone Post 3.0

no-gi_JAMES420 - I think you should have to take a short quiz that tests your knowledge of the candidates policies and previous voting history. If you don't get a certain % correct you can't vote.

I think it's irresponsible as fuck.to.just go out and vote for someone just because they're affiliated with a particular political party. Phone Post 3.0

That requires a change of the political system, not of who can vote.

Although I agree more realise there is more than one (two parties who are one in the same) option.

Lack of intelligence is a reason to oppress now?

I'm fucked then. Ffs Phone Post 3.0

Soul Gravy - Yes. A test should be administered, requiring knowledge of the candidates and their platforms, the workings of the American government, basic economics and history/world geography.
^ Phone Post 3.0

No. It's too easy to manipulate who could vote that way. The drafters could easily make a series of questions that no one could answer and then give a select few the right answers, thereby controlling all elections.

WikiTheWalrus - No. It's too easy to manipulate who could vote that way. The drafters could easily make a series of questions that no one could answer and then give a select few the right answers, thereby controlling all elections.
This Phone Post 3.0

It could be done.

And none of you naysayers would entrust your child(ren) to a complete stranger with no credentials or background in childcare. Why would you entrust the fate of a nation to someone equally as random and ignorant? It makes no sense.

So embarrassing... we didn't break away from Russia for this!

At the very least have a HS education? Phone Post 3.0

How about if you don't have a picture ID you can't vote. Simple right? Government provides them for free. Need one to drive as well as use credit cards. Phone Post 3.0