Should UFC bring back Marcio "Pe de Pano" Cruz???

^ damn, tapping to something that isn't being used to sub you so you can get the DQ victory?

not street

Fedor is duckin Pe De Pano imo.

He has to get thru Tommy Tom Sauer if he wants a chance at the big show again!

pdp is the ric flair of bjj (without all the coolness)

"ta be the man, ya gotta tap to exploit the rules to get a dq victory...woooooooooooooo!!!!"

Not necessary unless they're trying to give a current HW someone to fight and cant' find anyone.

pe de pano is portugese for "the douche"

Isn't it "foot of douchebread"?

" Funniest thing is Pe De Pano and Jeff agreed to split the money prior to the match....hahaha there was no point to doing what cruz did"

It was purely for the love of poor sportsmanship.

Marcio Cruz and Tom Sauer fight to night for the WFO Heavyweight Championship belt.

WFO WORLD TITLE ON THE LINE
Posted by aofmma On August - 10 - 2009

We are now two weeks out from one of the greatest heavyweight bouts to ever come to Florida. Two legends in Tom Sauer and Marcio Cruz will fight for the WFO World Title at Art of Fighting 4, August 22 at the USF SUN DOME. It’s been a long road for Tom “Trauma” Sauer who has almost 40 professional fights and has beaten some of the worlds best. Tom is at one of the many peaks of his career, finishing his last 4 opponents. Tom hasn’t lost since 2005. In response to the title fight coming up against the six time World Jiu Jitsu champion, Marcio Cruz, Tom said “I don’t fear Marcio Cruz, I don’t fear him at all.” Tom has changed his whole life to cater to this fight. He has been diligently training twice a day, frequently travelling to other gyms to get prepared for one of the biggest fights of his life. In regards to the WFO Title, Tom said, “I want this, I got to have this, this is something I have to have in my life.”
Tom Sauer’s opponent is one of the top ranked heavyweights in the world. Many rankings having him in the top 20, Marcio Cruz is an extremely dangerous opponent for anyone, even Tom Sauer. Marcio is world renown as “Pe de Pano” for his ability to thwart the heel hook in jiu-jitsu tournaments. Cruz has captured 6 World Titles, alongside 8 Pan-American titles in jiu jitsu. His skills have translated very well inside the cage as he won in his first two professional fights in the UFC against Keigo Kunihara and former UFC Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir. Marcio lost two fights after that to UFC legends Jeff Monson and Andrei Arlovski but has since rebounded, winning his last three fights in a row. Marcio is worldly renknown as one of the best jiu jitsu artist in the world, but claims mixed martial arts as a way to pay the bills. A native of Brazil, Cruz stated, “When I enter the cage, I fight for my kids, I fight for my family”.
Be a part of the action and watch the greatest heavyweight bout in Tampa Mixed Martial Arts History, Live August 22 at the USF SUN DOME. Click here for tickets!

Pe de Pano beat Sauer in the second with strikes from back mount after brekaing him down.

Marcio Cruz Defeats Tom Sauer:

pics:

http://cmsimg.news-press.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=A4&Dato=20090823&Kategori=SPORTS&Lopenr=908230801&Ref=PH&Item=31&Maxw=550&Maxh=400

http://cmsimg.news-press.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=A4&Dato=20090823&Kategori=SPORTS&Lopenr=908230801&Ref=PH&Item=32&Maxw=550&Maxh=400

http://cmsimg.news-press.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=A4&Dato=20090823&Kategori=SPORTS&Lopenr=908230801&Ref=PH&Item=33&Maxw=550&Maxh=400

http://cmsimg.news-press.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=A4&Dato=20090823&Kategori=SPORTS&Lopenr=908230801&Ref=PH&Item=34&Maxw=550&Maxh=400

http://cmsimg.news-press.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=A4&Dato=20090823&Kategori=SPORTS&Lopenr=908230801&Ref=PH&Item=36&Maxw=550&Maxh=400

GodzillaFuria - ^^^
Funniest thing about that was Monson ripping his shorts off and walking out in his jock strap.

that was in ADCC brazil, not the Arnolds BTW

I think he can take Mir again.

Michael Vronsky - biggest asshole in BJJ

no matter how skilled he is, he has some of the worst sportsmanship i've ever seen

Very true. I've seen the same.

ttt

I admire PDP's dedication to foul play, if only he was intentionally painting himself as the bad guy he could be a real draw in MMA. Right now he's like Tim Sylvia where people hate him but not enough to pay to see him lose like Brock Lesnar.

HELWIG - " Funniest thing is Pe De Pano and Jeff agreed to split the money prior to the match....hahaha there was no point to doing what cruz did"

That was an awesome post, and captures Pe Depano perfectly.

The guy just can't stop trying to bend the rules. He had Arlovski in a leglock, Arlovski booted him in the head HARD (looking for the penalty and the stand up). The ref starts yelling at Arlovski, and is about to stand them up for the penalty point...a barely conscious PdP still has the presence of mind to realize that he will lose the leglock if they give the penalty point, so he lies to the referee, and claims the kick never happened. They stay in position, but PdP is still too rocked to defend himself and ends up getting KOed.

Even when PdP is too rocked to fight, he ain't to rocked to think about twisting the rules. He's just that kind of guy.

GladiatorGannon - 
HELWIG - " Funniest thing is Pe De Pano and Jeff agreed to split the money prior to the match....hahaha there was no point to doing what cruz did"

That was an awesome post, and captures Pe Depano perfectly.

The guy just can't stop trying to bend the rules. He had Arlovski in a leglock, Arlovski booted him in the head HARD (looking for the penalty and the stand up). The ref starts yelling at Arlovski, and is about to stand them up for the penalty point...a barely conscious PdP still has the presence of mind to realize that he will lose the leglock if they give the penalty point, so he lies to the referee, and claims the kick never happened. They stay in position, but PdP is still too rocked to defend himself and ends up getting KOed.

Even when PdP is too rocked to fight, he ain't to rocked to think about twisting the rules. He's just that kind of guy.

This was probably a special moment for Cruz, not only was he able to attempt to twist a situation to his advantage but he got to openly defy a referee and get away with it. He just refused to stand up, the ref gave in first and let him have his way.

The above 2 posts are UNBELIEVABLE!

I hadnt thought of it that way, now I must go back and review that fight.

LMAO @ "he got to openly defy a referee"

These BJJ guys are used to arguing in the middle of BJJ matches but from what Ive seen the ref's usually stand firm and the crowd boos.

PDP somehow, with ZERO pull in the UFC, got away with that.

Awesome.

BTW Gannon, have you seen a prime Marcelo Tigre?

Makes PDP look like Guy Mezger when it comes to sportsmanship.

To this day, the worst Ive seen in MMA.(Not counting one time wonders like Big Jon Hess)