Should Vitor Belfort be in the UFC HOF?

CRBMoney14 - Who really gives a shit about the UFC HOF?

Ironically, on this forum, 99.9% more people than give a shit what you think.

voted down

verindersandhu - Most fighters from that era are irrelevant in todays MMA scene, but he is still a contender, which is impressive.
hard to argue with that

Sim

inf0 -  We should ban anybody that said no..

+1

We should have a VitorGround and a FedorGround

Absolutely...especially if he beats Anderson.

YES,
he's the reason that a lot of today's fighters became so interested in fighting.

he's the Mike Tyson of MMA (highs & lows)

Not a HOFer imo... not yet.

imo vitor is worthy

champ at 19

still very valid

jake11 - YES, he's the Mike Tyson of MMA (highs & lows)

Whoa whoa whoa ....

He was NEVER as dominant as Iron Mike was in his prime.

mrjedens - 
CRBMoney14 - Who really gives a shit about the UFC HOF?

boo-urns this man

voted down<br type="_moz" />

What?

Theres no system and people are inducted only when its convenient to Zuffa.

Look at Coleman he was pretty much inducted just to sell a fight.

A guy like Frank Shamrock who definately belongs in it will never get in.

The whole thing is a joke

Jack Skellington - 

Whoa whoa whoa ....

No, but he did have that same unstoppable aura about him for a while. None of his early fights went past the first round. His hands were ludicrously quick and he supposedly had top level Jiu-Jitsu to back it up. Then he was exposed by Randy. His gas tank was appalling in those days, I'm pretty sure he was loaded up on with steroids too. I remember before his fight with Franklin, they showed some clips of him at 19 years old, and his traps were nearly up to his ears!

The Know it all - 
Jack Skellington - 

Whoa whoa whoa ....

No, but he did have that same unstoppable aura about him for a while.

Yea, for 3 pay per views. That's it.

yes

So you all rip me apart for saying the UFC Hall is a joke then dont respond to my points

CRBMoney14 - So you all rip me apart for saying the UFC Hall is a joke then dont respond to my points

OK, I'll address your points

-Right

-Right

-Right

-Right

Seriously, no F.Shamrock ?

reddsharkk - i have some points that people might not like:

Vitor doesnt belong in the UFC hof because he had very few title defenses. And he jumped ship too many times. And he just quit in many of his losses. Plus its fact that he used PEDs. Probably more than we know.

Yes he is an exciting fighter, but not quite hof material.

He was hall of fame after his first five fights. If someone watched the UFC and didn't know his name, they probably didn't know their own. Every fighter sure the hell knew. He's first ballot if any one is.

yes

reddsharkk - 
sparkuri - 
reddsharkk - i have some points that people might not like:

Vitor doesnt belong in the UFC hof because he had very few title defenses. And he jumped ship too many times. And he just quit in many of his losses. Plus its fact that he used PEDs. Probably more than we know.

Yes he is an exciting fighter, but not quite hof material.

He was hall of fame after his first five fights. If someone watched the UFC and didn't know his name, they probably didn't know their own. Every fighter sure the hell knew. He's first ballot if any one is.

Since we can put active fighters in, why not penn gsp and andy?

And his first five ufc fights were One pec telligman, fat fucks ferrozo and tank, a loss to couture and then he beat the most feared fighter in history...sam joslin(lol). So how does this qualify him for the ufc hof again? And i was watching back then. He has never been a Randy or Chuck. He is good, but not great.
I don't get the sam joslin thing. Running through Vanderlei was legendary. All the fighters inducted back at UFC45 were active or fought since, so yeah throw in Penn,GSP, and who's andy ? You mean Randy ? He's already in. Gimme a break he's no Randy or Chuck. Chuck landed one effective strike on the "old" Vitor, which happened to win him the fight.  Randy ? Hell, nobody is Randy.

He's qualified because he's the best damn puncher to ever walk in the octagon, and every fighter knows it. Without hesitation he's hall of fame. Did you know Tank is hall of fame ? Taktarov ? Frye ? K.Sham ? Tell me how they have surpassed who Vitor has fought, or if they'd last 2 minutes with him. 

Before you answer, know thatI don't put that much weight in UFC belts. I do put weight in fame. And in the UFC and around MMA, he's got it.

Jack Skellington -
CRBMoney14 - Who really gives a shit about the UFC HOF?

you can't be serious

Why? He's right. The UFC HoF means nothing as an independent, legitimate HoF - one that is actually based primarily on merit and accomplishment. If it were, Frank Shamrock would without question have already been inducted, as he was without question the greatest UFC Champion since Royce.

MASK is even in the freakin' UFC HoF - ahead of guys like Frank, Don Frye, or even Miletich (who, while a lackluster "champion," was one of the most seminal trainers ever).

What gets you into the UFC HoF is being on good terms with the owners - who then entirely (and arbitrarily) decide who gets in. Being friends with the UFC owners defines who is a UFC "Hall of Famer" more than actual greatness as a fighter, Champion, or coach.

The UFC HoF has no objective credibility, and no meaningfully authoritative, merit-based standard. It is not some lofty distinction of transcendent greatness reserved strictly for only the most deserving - as much as it is a marketing tool and distinction of favoritism.