Shout out to my kids Karate instructor..

Dude is top notch always helping the less unfortunate (seen it personally) as well as a act. I assume many other instructors are going through the same via Covid..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5AAxRJ6kCE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1Ew8iUPIYYNnFdU3uXZCKZx1KOxzl2fLMipOnSRsBkbk8GfPoz2J0RksY

1 Like

Does fear exist in his dojo?

2 Likes

Does he pronounce it Kah-rah-tay? 

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!

nick Diaz Said it best ”karate teaches you some good basic shit”

https://youtu.be/bApaEcJur2Y

Every martial arts gym in North America is dealing with this. Maybe everywhere, I dunno.

I'd like to karate chop that reporter with my dick.

that place looks expensive, he could probably downsize to cut costs

1 Like
Lucas Maximus - 

that place looks expensive, he could probably downsize to cut costs

He has been there for over a decade and my son and I trained Judo there for 3 years under another instructor and I can tell you, it was packed every time we trained there. The guy is a really solid instructor (9th degree BB) who has helped a ton of people who couldn’t financially afford to train (but had the will to train) as well as helping other BB branch off and start their own clubs.

no doubt, I'm just saying to survive... he doesn't have to just close up and stop

Lucas Maximus - 

no doubt, I'm just saying to survive... he doesn't have to just close up and stop

He posted a few months ago that he is looking for a smaller club. The issue here in Canada is that the restrictions about social gathering was pretty brutal when Covid initially hit and even though we are slowly easing those restrictions, people are hesitant (especially families) of going back to train with others

yea i'm down to a handful of kids, the only reason the gym i'm at is still open is because its small and one of the coaches is military and he has essentials in his >

Mady's is a mainstay in Ontario.

I remember a lot of his guys would cross train in all sorts of combat sports.

They just don't do karate there.

Some tough sobs came out of his gym.

Sad to hear.

Captain Canuck - 

Sad to hear.

Agreed on all points. A couple of recent UFC newbies also trained at Mady’s and both will have an impact in the future (T.J. Laramie & Kyle Prepolec who was recently cut but I believe will be back)…

Graduate1 -
Captain Canuck - 

Sad to hear.

Agreed on all points. A couple of recent UFC newbies also trained at Mady’s and both will have an impact in the future (T.J. Laramie & Kyle Prepolec who was recently cut but I believe will be back)…

This goes back 20 years but I remember seeing lots of Mady’s guys doing combat sports when the Tompkins crew would be travelling.

Tough guys for sure. A lot of their base art was karate and then they moved to other arts

I know the gym I am at now has protocols coming out the wazoo…

You have to book times, privates, cleaning protocols, max numbers, masks in certain areas.

All the members are working hard to keep it clean and safe and heaven help you if you step out of line and do something that would cause the gym to close again.

It’s depressing seeing some of the most productive, community helping, hard-working people impacted like this.

so… what’s everyone’s opinion on Tahmini Aziz???

Graduate1 -

Dude is top notch always helping the less unfortunate (seen it personally) as well as a act. I assume many other instructors are going through the same via Covid..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5AAxRJ6kCE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1Ew8iUPIYYNnFdU3uXZCKZx1KOxzl2fLMipOnSRsBkbk8GfPoz2J0RksY

*less fortunate, or unfortunate 

1 Like

^?

Looks like a great dojo and that sensei seems like a good dude. It's a real shame what's happening to the martial arts world. I haven't really trained BJJ in a few years but I can't imagine what those schools are going through. It's impossible to social distance at a BJJ academy. 

Vrill - 

Looks like a great dojo and that sensei seems like a good dude. It's a real shame what's happening to the martial arts world. I haven't really trained BJJ in a few years but I can't imagine what those schools are going through. It's impossible to social distance at a BJJ academy. 

act who has helped a ton of people…